Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HTNUT323
Channel Surfer

browsing in Netflix - delay in button commands increases.

Jump to solution

When browsing either in Netflix or Prime, I notice there sometimes is a delay when clicking on the navigator arrows moving title to title (right, left, etc.) that increases until no button pushing will move the selector at all. Any idea what causes this? Could it be a connectivity issue with my WiFi network or to the internet? It is a real pain.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HTNUT323
Channel Surfer

Re: browsing in Netflix - delay in button commands increases.

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Streaming Stick 4K - new this past Summer. Yes, I tried replacing the batteries but it is fairly new and that initially made no difference. I noticed this issue with my previous Streaming Stick + in the past on rare occasions. The problem incidentally is now resolved thankfully as restarting the Roku and restarting my router appears to correct it, but I think there is something else underlying all this that I will never uncover.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@HTNUT323

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing? What specific Roku model device are you using? Have you tried changing the batteries in your remote?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HTNUT323
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Streaming Stick 4K - new this past Summer. Yes, I tried replacing the batteries but it is fairly new and that initially made no difference. I noticed this issue with my previous Streaming Stick + in the past on rare occasions. The problem incidentally is now resolved thankfully as restarting the Roku and restarting my router appears to correct it, but I think there is something else underlying all this that I will never uncover.

0 Kudos
retropztc

Jump to solution

This should not be marked as a "solution".  I have the same problem with my Roku3.  Changing batteries in the remote,or restarting the router or Roku does not fix it.  This is the problem:  after watching a program for, say 10 minutes, if I return to the selection menu using the back (arrow) button, there is a lag of 7 seconds from the time I press the button to when the navigation executes.  After that, I am able to navigate normally with no lag, unless I stop to pause on a selection for a while, and then the 7 second lag reappears when I attempt to navigate further.  In other words, the lag only happens on the initial contact with a navigation button after a period of non-use.  After that, the navigation command is processed without any lag.  Because of this, it seems that the lag is not due to a problem with the remote, batteries, or the Roku unit, but with the upload of the command to the Netflix servers, or with the server's response time.

0 Kudos