Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bernfrin
Reel Rookie

Will one remote control two devices?

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra.  I just purchased/received a Roku Streambar.  Will a single Roku remote operate both devices or do I need to use two separate remotes? 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Will one remote control two devices?

Jump to solution

Hi @Bernfrin,

Thanks for the question,

I will do my best to assist you with your inquiry. Just to verify, are you referring to a Roku Voice Remote that comes with Roku Streambar or a Roku Simple Remote?

For Roku Simple Remote, operating only requires pointing directly at the Roku streaming device, and is compatible with both Roku Streambar and Roku Ultra.

However, Roku Voice remotes require a wireless discovery process known as pairing to establish a dedicated wireless connection with your Roku streaming device. 

You can learn more about how to set up or pair your Roku voice remote

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If you're simply using the Streambar for better sound, and not using the built-in streamer, then you don't have touch the streambar remote once it's set up. But if you want to control both streamers, you will need two separate remotes paired to each. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Bernfrin,

Thanks for the question,

I will do my best to assist you with your inquiry. Just to verify, are you referring to a Roku Voice Remote that comes with Roku Streambar or a Roku Simple Remote?

For Roku Simple Remote, operating only requires pointing directly at the Roku streaming device, and is compatible with both Roku Streambar and Roku Ultra.

However, Roku Voice remotes require a wireless discovery process known as pairing to establish a dedicated wireless connection with your Roku streaming device. 

You can learn more about how to set up or pair your Roku voice remote

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Bernfrin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The Roku Ultra and the Roku Streambar both came with voice remotes.  Are you saying that I have to use separate remotes for the Ultra and the Streambar?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If you're simply using the Streambar for better sound, and not using the built-in streamer, then you don't have touch the streambar remote once it's set up. But if you want to control both streamers, you will need two separate remotes paired to each. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Bernfrin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

thank you, that is exactly the information I was looking for.

0 Kudos