Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tynkerbe111
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

Hi danny! My battery are draining every 2 weeks as well. My serial number is X00400HED1HT. my model number is 3931rw- Roku Express+

Any help you could provide would be great thank you.

0 Kudos
thesug

Jump to solution

Thank you for looking into this as the battery life seems to be very short. 

serial #: YHOODL883221

0 Kudos
Lovesweets

Jump to solution

I too am having battery issues with my remote. 
Serial# YH00C5281827

t

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Pam 

0 Kudos
Pai
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am also having the same issue. The batteries hardly last. 

0 Kudos
Cetomsu
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have been promised a discount because my model is too old. Or told to get the app… Then I’ve been chasing emails while dealing with the holidays (told these “benefits” are limited.) Was told I would get a discount… still haven’t seen that applied to my account. My new Roku is now having the same issue as my older model. I’m beyond disappointed with customer service. They aren’t doing anything or following through. Zero phone number to contact, and all I get is spam from people replying to my same issue. Do better Roku. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Tronio232 @R2021 @Arrpar @Tynkerbe111,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community regarding your Roku remote battery drain issue.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.
We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Ultras @otownrex @EA117 @Gwlackey @Rothna @Maditv @thesug @Lovesweets @Pai,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? How long does the battery last? How long has the issue been occurring? Do your Roku remotes support private listening? This may also be one factor for the battery drain.

In addition,  have you tried to remove and reinsert the batteries if this helps resolve the issue?

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @SmarthBlargsen,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community regarding your Roku remote battery drain issue.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Keep us posted with the details.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Cetomsu,

Thanks for the follow-up.

In regards to the discount code that our Roku team promised to provide, we would recommend continuing to work with them they will be the best to assist you with that.

You may contact Roku support at https://support.roku.com/contactus 

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello RokuDanny-R, 

I have a 3810X with Serial Number (YH0068689419) and my remote is draining the AAA batteries every 2 weeks. Please help because it is super inconvenient to pull out the batteries every time I turn off the TV to prevent my batteries from going dead.

Thanks,
Darrin

0 Kudos