Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Herrrumph

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

Battery drains super fast yhoogt875377

0 Kudos
Rothna
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Since I got my Roku 3 (4230X) Serial #: 4E756R095782, I had noticed that the remote was draining the batteries. I had to change the batteries after about 1-2 weeks after new batteries were in.  It took me about the 3-4th time to realized the draining problem.

I think you mean if the remote had the option to plug in headphones...YES it does. If this is a problem how would we solve the problem?

When the problem occurred, yes I did remove and reinsert the batteries, but it didn't work. I also checked my battery charger and they were drained.

Also, I have another problem...after only 1 day, I have to restart the Roku by unplugging and plugging the power cord. This started about 3 wks ago.

I didn't realize that I could let you know about this problem with a thread until now. I'm finally retired and have the time to take care of this and additional issues. I hope there will be a solution to my problems.

Thanks for your time and response!

0 Kudos
Maditv
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

A band new set of batteries goes out in about a week…. I have tried swapping sides… resetting the Roku… making sure that it was updated and unplugged it after each new set of batteries was put in

0 Kudos
Mike88

Jump to solution

Model 3810X

s/n YH0013262843

Software 10.5.0 build 4208~50

batteries die at least once per week  

0 Kudos
Gerarjp

Jump to solution

Same thing for me. Remote batteries last 3 freaking days. 

serial number -   X01000uxppec

0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

A possible palliative to the root causes: 

Reduce your battery costs using best quality rechargeable NiMh batteries.  Get the ones that say "precharged, ready for use".  Less likely to leak than alkaline too. May not last quite as long between warnings of low battery, but then can be recharged. Have 2 sets so you have one set charged ready to use when you pull the other set.

What prompted me to this suggestion: recent video by electronics vlogger on YouTube called bigclivedotcom, who explains simply at greater length

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mike88 @Gerarjp,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.
I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
mcpato78
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with my 2 roku remotes, now 3 year old each one. started 6-9 months ago.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mcpato78,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

How long does the battery last?

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Sumozumo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F 

Hi Mary, they last about 1-2 weeks and yes, this remote supports private listening. 

Thanks!

@Sumozumo

0 Kudos