Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote battery dies after 2 days

Jump to solution

Hi @Kobeng,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out regarding the battery drain issue you are experiencing.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.
Keep us posted with the details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streaming stick keeps draining batteries - what's the fix?

Jump to solution

Hi @TAitchis,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are experiencing a battery drain issue with your Roku Streaming stick 3800x.

Please be aware that your device is no longer under warranty. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here

For more information about our device warranty, visit our Support page here: Player warranty and license agreement 

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact Roku support or keep us posted here.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rckola23
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

Both Roku's i've purchased have done this (drain remote battery) i've just dealt with it and replaced batteries very often. I tried factory reset, etc. This is the response we get? Buy another remote? Can you send me another remote for my latest device please? 

That's some **bleep**, should be a factory recall or something to help your customers. Clearly it's an issue with the device Roku sold to it's customers. Cant believe where customer service has gone. 

I paid for 2 streaming sticks and both have the issue, over 2 years dealing with it. Find this thread and see all these other people reporting the same issue. Send us a new remote, you have my 2 serials registered please. It wasnt out of warranty when this issue was happening. Sorry I didnt bother Roku and just dealt with it thinking I was doing something wrong or falling asleep on it, IDK. 😞 Turrible 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote batteries constantly need re-seated

Jump to solution

Hi @dixie_triscuit,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the remote battery issue you are experiencing.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device?

Keep us posted with the details. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bwalker478
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with my roku streaming stick 3810R. Every two weeks I have to change the batteries because they are completely drained.

0 Kudos
Sana
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

They are ridiculous! They should be replacing the defective remotes for free and giving us money back for all the extra battery expenses incurred. 

0 Kudos
Sana
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

We need to start posting honest reviews on the websites we bought them from. I posted on Amazon about the battery derange issues. People need to be aware of the issues with the product before they buy it! 

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@bwalker478 @Sana

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Sana
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hello, @RokuKariza-D 

Serial number: X017006F5NSN

Model Number: 3820X 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Sana

Appreciate the reply.

I have forwarded your concern and information to our team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.