Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cambridge219
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

I'm experiencing the same problem.

0 Kudos
cambridge219
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The model # is RC608

Firmware version rtn.4144

My batteries test as "good", but will not allow me to turn on the tv.  If I turn it on manually the remote will sometimes change channels, adjust the volume and turn the tv off. This is the 3rd remote that we have had this issue with over the last 4 or 5 years.  Please help!!!

0 Kudos
johnr11

remotes killing batteries every 3 days

Jump to solution

Roku Streaming Stick+ i have two of these both kill the battery in about 3 days. have firestick and batteries last a year. and batteries are not cheap. i think i may just have buy a new firestick as it would be cheaper than buying a replacement remote or keep buying batteries.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue, my Roku control is draining batteries. I have a TCL Roku tv 

what can I do? 

0 Kudos
Rondilly
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue, Danny.

My serial # is YL00AJ066109

I am having the same issue with another remote I own for a Roku stream stick, but I currently do not have that serial #.

0 Kudos
cambridge219
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine isn't the streaming stick.

0 Kudos
cambridge219
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The model # is RC608

0 Kudos
Ebray

Jump to solution

I did a factory reset and my batteries still drain, this is not the end all solution. 

0 Kudos
Alemapnna
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My serial number is X01600S6VVWJ. Help would be much appreciated since I'm on a fixed income and good batteries are expensive. Cheap ones only last 2 days. Roku should either fix the issue or send us new remotes.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: remotes killing batteries every 3 days

Jump to solution

@johnr11

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos