Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sook
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

Same problem.  

Put brand new batteries and at 90%...

DEVIXE IA 9101X - Roku smart soundbar

Sn: YL005S07456

Software ver: 10.0.0 build 4209-95

Remote is RC490

Performed system restarts frequently,  no improvement. 

0 Kudos
userfred
Reel Rookie

Re: On my 4th set of remote batteries in a month.

Jump to solution

I have done as asked, the sw version stayed at 10.0 so not sure what may have changed. New batteries on track to last 3 to 4 weeks which may be an improvement or may be better batteries but still nowhere near enough for a tiny tv remote.

Tried to raise a ticket on the support page, got error messages.

sunshinelori
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Ever since using remote the batteries drain within a few days so I've had to remove the batteries constantly or use my phone as a remote. Can you send me a new remote?

0 Kudos
saljeapal

Jump to solution

I too am having the exact same issue with the remote that came with the Roku stick I recently purchased.  I have purchased fresh batteries, and bought expensive vs. cheap batteries with no success.  My old remote is perfect - no voice features, or TV on/off, or volume buttons.  I was wondering if there is an issue with those features burning batteries.  I have stopped using it and would like to have it replaced.

beck2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have been attempting for months to get this situation resolved with my remote.  Provided all information request several times to no avail.  No one from Roku has responded via email to me regarding this issue  I have done system restart, updates and all other fixes to no avail.   I would at this time think a replacement remote might resolve my problem.  I cannot count how many batteries I have gone through.  I have been removing batteries every single day and this doesn't work either.  Fixed income and bad back doesn't help me either to rectify this issue.  I don't want to be part of a thread of complaints any longer, I just want someone from Roku to take care of this .Model: 3800X Device ID fec6b13c-01a4-5bf5-b1f7-ff12f278400f

Sricheruk

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response, my serial number (from the backside of the Roku box) is SN 6325AS160105. The remote associated with this box is draining battery once every 4 days. Please help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
mswra

Jump to solution

I'm having the rapid battery drain problem with my remote

SN YF0078914124

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Chibineko

Jump to solution

Dear @RokuKariza-D 

My Roku 3810RW Streaming Stick + keeps draining batteries in less than a day along with causing the Roku to freeze and randomly restart too. I have done all the suggestions in this thread and am still having the issues and it is powered through the wall plug instead the TV. Please help. 
Serial
YH0033985023

Device ID:

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Sricheruk

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku 3 (4230X) is an older device that is no longer under warranty. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, visit our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@mswra @Chibineko

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along the information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos