Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuzieB1
Binge Watcher

Re: Why does my roku express remote go through batteries in a week?

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem - just joined this list and can't see how to create a post or send PMs.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Why does my roku express remote go thru batteries in a week?

Jump to solution

@SuzieB1 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

For more information about how to send a private message, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cq-
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem as hundreds of others.  Please post a solution for all to see!

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@cq- wrote:

I have the same problem as hundreds of others.  Please post a solution for all to see!

There is no solution to post. The remote needs to be replaced, and you need to provide your personal information to @RokuDanny-R via a private message. You never post personal information in a public forum like this. That is why it has to be via a PM. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
cq-
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The response has been cryptic at best.  "Send me a PM"  That's it.  Why not clearly state to the frustrated Roku owners "there is a known issue, and it can only be addressed by replacing the remote"?  Why not post the range of serial numbers that indicate a faulty device? 

Honest and helpful: good.  Opaque : bad.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@cq- wrote:

The response has been cryptic at best.  "Send me a PM"  That's it.  Why not clearly state to the frustrated Roku owners "there is a known issue, and it can only be addressed by replacing the remote"?  Why not post the range of serial numbers that indicate a faulty device? 

Honest and helpful: good.  Opaque : bad.

They probably don't have a list of serial numbers, and the Roku serial number likely means nothing about the remote in use. I realize this thread has gotten quite long, but it's been repeated multiple times throughout the thread that this is what has to be done. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

[personal information removed]

serial number 

YH0054867220

my remote eats batteries for a living. I never listen/talk through the remote.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Anonymous 

Please edit your post and remove your email address. Never post personal information in a public forum of any kind. Scammers search for such information, and that makes you a target. 

Click the three vertical dots to the right of your post and select Edit reply. 

Dan

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Chrisholmes214 

Thank you for letting us know about the remote battery drain issue you are experiencing. Our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

In the meantime, if you are powering your Streaming Stick through the USB port on your TV, we would recommend that you power your Roku device through a wall outlet to see if that helps the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My Roku also goes through batteries in less than a week? How can I fix that? Thanks, Rocky Valentine

0 Kudos