Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kabrown962
Reel Rookie

Re: Why does my roku express remote go thru batteries in a week?

Jump to solution

[personal information removed]

Roku Premiere +

Model# 4630x

7KA699306853

REMOTE RC95

0 Kudos
mdwg
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine is also a Roku Premium + Model 4630X

Remote # RC-GR3

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@kabrown962 

Please, edit your post and remove your email address. Spammers prowl these forums looking for ways to contact you, and they will claim to be Roku support but demand payment.

You need to send that information to @RokuDanny-R in a private message for assistance. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@NJRinglord @mdwg 

Thanks for the posts.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

For more information about how to send a private message (PM), visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@kabrown962 

Thanks for providing us with your information. For future reference, when providing personal information, please send it through private message (PM).

Please be aware that the Roku Premiere+ (4630) is an older device that is no longer under warranty. It's possible that the remote may simply be on its way out.

If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote from our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nancycart
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku Express, Model 3931RW, Serial X00400698K62, Software 9.4 - This remote drains batteries after two or three clicks. I don't want to buy another remote because of all the complaints I see on this subject. I suggest you recall the remote! What to do?

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@nancycart wrote:

My Roku Express remote drains the batteries after a few clicks. Model 3931RW, Serial X00400698K62, Software 9.4. Help, please!

Please edit your post and remove your email address. Scammers troll forums like this for targets, and that makes you a prime one. 

Send your information in a private message to @RokuDanny-R 

Dan

0 Kudos
nancycart
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What's a Private Message and how do I get to it. I don't even know how to edit my post. This is one of the worst "support" web sites I've visited. Your reply to one of the complaints was to include the email address that was associated with the Roku device. And as a new subscriber, how in the heck am I supposed to know what a "PM" is?

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@nancycart wrote:

What's a Private Message and how do I get to it. I don't even know how to edit my post. This is one of the worst "support" web sites I've visited. Your reply to one of the complaints was to include the email address that was associated with the Roku device. And as a new subscriber, how in the heck am I supposed to know what a "PM" is?

There's a link on the forum home page to a "Using the community" page that explains the basic functionality of the forum. You edit a post by clicking the 3 vertical dots on the right of the post and select Edit Reply.

To send a private message (PM) click @RokuDanny-R 's name, and on his profile page is a button to send a private message. 

Dan

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@nancycart 

Thanks for the post.

As @atc98092 mentioned, when providing personal information, please send that information through a private message (PM). We highly recommend not posting personal information in a public place.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos