Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jdwise11
Reel Rookie

Volume only works when charging

Have a voice remote pro model rc795. It worked fine for a while but now the volume buttons and mute button only work when it is plugged into the charging cable. Makes it pointless to call it a wireless remote. It is on firmware rtn.4244. What is the fix?

4 REPLIES 4
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Volume only works when charging

Hello! @Jdwise11,

A heartfelt welcome from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

Troubleshoot your Roku Voice Remote Pro

For additional help solving an issue with your Roku Voice Remote Pro or one of its features, refer to the detailed articles below:

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
Jdwise11
Reel Rookie

Not sure what any of those links has to do with the problem. The remote use to work fine. Now it only changes the volume if plugged in. If it goes below 100% it won’t work. Is this a known problem and how do you fix it?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Jdwise11,

Thanks for the update!

We would want to know if this is the remote that came with your device and how long you have been using it. Does charging this over night affect anything else, too?

Please update us!

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Jdwise11-

I have two Voice Remote Pros, an RC791 over two years old, and an RC795 about 6 months old.  I've never encountered this issue.

I spend a lot of time here and I don't recall ever having heard anybody with this particular problem before, so I'm not surprised the moderators don't have a cut and paste solution for you. 

I can't see how battery level would affect this, so I'm grasping at straws here, but if it happened to me I'd probably try running thru the remote TV settings process again.  Roku menu path: 

"Settings > Remotes & devices > Remotes"  

At this point if your remote has already been setup for the tv but you need to reset it, arrow down to select your Remote (in use). 

Now select "Set up remote for TV control" .. And follow the prompts 

I've also seen some stubborn remote problems solved by re-pairing as though it were a new device.  "Settings > Remotes & devices > (+) Add devices > Remotes"

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.