Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmyers867
Channel Surfer

Volume MAX | Volume MIN | with one button click

One click on the volume up/down buttons and it sends my TV's volume to MIN or MAX.  Very annoying late at night and early mornings.

New batteries don't fix the issue.  Re-pairing the remote to the Roku box doesn't work.  Resetting the TV device/type programming for the Roku remote doesn't work.  The (2) Roku boxes I have were just purchased 60 days ago.  Remotes are brand new new.  Both TV's that are used, are two different name brands... Samsung and LG.

This issue happens with volume going to MAX with one button click.  Same with turning the volume down to MIN, with one button click.

This is a Roku remote or software issue.  It's happening on two different TV's.  I didn't have this issue with a USB Roku stick.  I bought the Roku HD boxes to upgrade, and I'm now having remote issues with volume control (brand new remotes, with brand new batteries, with all devices/accessories being rebooted/restarted).

The only thing that has changed in my home in the last 60 days (after buying the new HD Roku boxes) was upgrading my router and wifi pods.  I am now using wifi-6 in my home.  I'm not sure if the Roku remote works in (or near) the same frequency band as the wifi-6

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Volume MAX | Volume MIN | with one button click

Hi @rmyers867,

We believe that this case has been handled on the other board. But will take it from here.

Please share with us the remote serial number along with the serial number where it's located.

Keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rmyers867
Channel Surfer

16995612746565582481525064179313.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update @rmyers867,

We'll need your help. Please provide us with the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have this information, we'll be able to pass this case to the appropriate Roku team.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
donb
Roku Guru

I had started an enormous thread when I was experiencing that same issue.  Brand new remotes and devices all exhibited the issue.  I ended up having to update the software on my Sony TV in order to fix it.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.