Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plapee73
Reel Rookie

Re: Voice remote pro won't charge

Jump to solution

Hi, my voice remote won't charge either.  Tried holding the pairing button for 15 sec a couple times, and have charged it for a couple days each time.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @plapee73 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

Have you tried using a different power cable and/or power adapter to see if that will resolve the issue you're experiencing with the battery life of your Roku Voice Remote Pro? If yes and the issue persists, please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. This can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
plapee73
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D 

Yes.  I've tried several different cords and supplies.

cs48c6347961

This was a replacement remote I purchased separately however, if that matters.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@plapee73 

Thanks for the reply.

We'll have a member of our Support team reach out to you via email. They will continue assisting you from there and provide a resolution to this issue.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Beansandtaters
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Had the same issue with my remote. Removed back cover pushed in on the battery connector. Then blew out charging port. Installed cover Boom fixed.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Beansandtaters 

Thank for posting here in the Community.

We are glad that you were able to resolve your issue with your Roku Voice Remote Pro. In case the issue resurfaced, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Have a good day!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
schofield12
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've bought 4 roku remote pros and several other AA battery driven roku remotes within the last 3 years. This is ridiculous. My current remote pro is now the same as all the others. Won't charge anymore. Serial #X01000DNSU69 .

Edit: Voice Remote Pro RC701

Firmware - rtn.4190

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @schofield12 

I hope you're doing well.

I have passed your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they will be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Brad_I

Jump to solution

I’ve had the same issues. After a long and asinine conversation with Roku chat support they agreed to send me a new voice remote Pro. They sent a regular voice remote. After another repetitive conversation with chat support they acknowledged they sent the wrong remote and told me they were shipping another immediately. That conversation was thee weeks ago and I have not received the new remote. When I contact support now they give me a USPS tracking link that shows the package being transferred between local USPS distribution centers since February 17th without ever reaching “out for delivery” status.

I’ve been a Roku user from the beginning. I was a beta tester for the Roku Netflix streamer before it’s public release when all it did was Netflix. This is by far the worst customer service experience I have had with the company in the 10 plus years I’ve dealt with them. It is really disappointing.

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Brad_I

Thanks for reaching out here in Roku Community.

We apologize for any inconvenience this caused. And we appreciate you letting us know about this so we can best assist you.  We have already followed about the delivery status of the replacement on our support team and will be reaching out to you through email. Please be ready to receive their correspondence and continue assisting you from there. We value you doing business with us and once again we apologize for your experience. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos