Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Voice remote pro won't charge

Hi @RokuMary-F

I’m running into the same problem as everyone above and have tried the troubleshooting tips as well to no avail.

I haven’t gotten my remote to go past 3% and the tv itself is showing fluctuating numbers plugged in/unplugged, so it is never consistent or accurate.

My serial number is YN0042063254.

Any help that you can do would be greatly appreciated. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Penguin_boy18

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you connecting the Voice Remote Pro to? Have you unpaired the original remote from the Roku device, as its possible the battery level you are experiencing may be of that remote? Is the Voice Remote Pro still working despite the screen showing the remote battery level is low?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jayf636

Same issue here. Serial number YL007P803707

Remote shows 100pct charge when plugged in but 0 pct when unplugged. Its to the point now that it does not work unless its plugged in. Ive only had the remote for six months, purchased directly from roku online. 

rogermask
Reel Rookie

same as mine...Roger

cdudanc
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem.  This is the second Roku remote that has gone bad on me.  I am going to have to quit Roku unless the company  can provide remote that last longer than 6 months.  How can I get a replacement for this one?  Thanks!

cdudanc
Reel Rookie

@RokuKariza-D Serial number for me is 2N00FT543685.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jayf636 @rogermask @cdudanc

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku device are you connecting the Voice Remote Pro? Have you made sure to un-pair the original remote from the device? This is a common mistake that can mislead to a lot of confusion between which remote is actually having an issue.

What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
teejolley
Reel Rookie

I am having the exact problem! I’ve tried so many usb cords but the voice pro will not charge with any of them. I can’t even get the green light to come on for a nano second. I purchased my remote on my Roku device. As Ken465 stated, I’ve also checked every where for the serial number and I can’t find it anywhere. Someone please help me. I spent $30 to purchase this and it should still be working. I want to exchange it. Thank you 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @teejolley

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

For further assistance, please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the rechargeable remote. It can be located at the back or underneath the player itself.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MDXx

Hello, 

my Roku Pro remote has also stopped charging. 

Serial number for my TV is X0000067SGRY

Device ID S041D997SGRY

hope to hear from you soon!

@RokuKariza-D