Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geremy846
Reel Rookie

Voice remote pro not pairing - no wifi

Jump to solution

Streaming device: Roku streaming stick 4k 3821X

remote: voice remote pro (rechargeable)

remote was working and paired fine. I moved houses, remote will no longer pair. I’ve read the guides, I’ve tried every combination of resetting the remote, resetting the device, or trying to pair by holding for 5 seconds. If I’ve understood correctly, the remote works over wifi, so maybe it’s possible the device and remote are not working because they’re not on my new wifi network? Please assist me. I’m frustrated after spending hours over multiple days trying to pair the remote.

thank you. Geremy

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Voice remote pro not pairing - no wifi

Jump to solution

Does the light on the remote start to flash when you press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds?  If not, then we need to start with that problem.  Make sure the remote is fully charged as well.

Not being connected to your Wi-Fi wouldn't have anything to do with it.  My preferred method for pairing a remote is to disconnect the power from the Roku device, press and hold the pairing button on the remote until the light starts flashing, set the remote down next to the Roku device and don't touch it, connect the power to the Roku device.  Once it starts up it will pair.  I haven't had it ever fail.

I almost forgot, the 3821 requires the Long range Wi-Fi Receiver.  If you don't have that you'll never get the remote to pair.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Does the light on the remote start to flash when you press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds?  If not, then we need to start with that problem.  Make sure the remote is fully charged as well.

Not being connected to your Wi-Fi wouldn't have anything to do with it.  My preferred method for pairing a remote is to disconnect the power from the Roku device, press and hold the pairing button on the remote until the light starts flashing, set the remote down next to the Roku device and don't touch it, connect the power to the Roku device.  Once it starts up it will pair.  I haven't had it ever fail.

I almost forgot, the 3821 requires the Long range Wi-Fi Receiver.  If you don't have that you'll never get the remote to pair.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Geremy846
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well that’s our problem. We got this Roku secondhand from a family member and they didn’t give us the wifi receiver. So I guess we are screwed until we have that. Thank you for mentioning that and saving me additional hours of headache.

0 Kudos