Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice remote pro not holding charge

HI @FabianM,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I have forwarded your details to our Support team and they will send you an email to assist you further with this issue.

Please stay safe and healthy, we thank you for your patience for the time being.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cyberdelia
Reel Rookie

I have the exact same issue. I have tried resetting the remote. Removing and pairing again. No dice. It still shows that the remote has zero charge. Not sure what the issue is.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @cyberdelia

Thanks for the post.

Please reply here with the serial number of your Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
cyberdelia
Reel Rookie

Hi, it is paired with a Roku TV (TCL). The TV serial is YN007F706010.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@cyberdelia

Thanks for the reply.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
cyberdelia
Reel Rookie

I will keep an eye out. Thanks for helping out!

jpmwolf91
Reel Rookie

I had this same problem and then I decided to pry the remote open and unplug the battery from the chipset entirely.. I unplugged it and replugged it a few times and a few of those times I plugged the charger in just to see what would pop up on the screen. After a few times of doing this it actually started to charge again. I'm not even sure what the problem was.. maybe there was some dirt in the 3pin connector for the battery.. maybe the pins popped out and weren't seated correctly after the remote had taken some abuse..

I'm not sure. I would guess the last one though. I guess it makes sense that the pins could pop out. There's really nothing holding them in place besides friction. By that I mean there's no clip to hold the connection down. If anyone tries this and it works, let me know!

0 Kudos

I am having the same issue: Remote worked well for first couple of months. Now losing charge quickly. Serial number of Roku device is: YL00DD385314. Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Infohound51

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos