Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christina311
Reel Rookie

Re: Voice Remote Pro remote won’t work unless plugged in

Jump to solution

I have the pro remote (NOT 2nd edition). The remote came with the stick.
I tried all of your suggestions for troubleshooting and it did not fix the remote. Also while being plugged in the battery icon will come on screen at least 3 times in a minute with different battery levels each time. 

0 Kudos
Christina311
Reel Rookie

Re: Voice Remote Pro remote won’t work unless plugged in

Jump to solution

@RokuCarly I did all your suggestions and it’s still not working unless plugged in. 
it is the Roku pro remote. 
it keeps blinking in corner of TV with remote level with different percentages about every 10-30 seconds non stop while it’s plugged in. Please let me know what next plan of action would be as I’m becoming frustrated!! I haven’t even had for a full year and don’t feel I should be having an issue with it. 
thanks so much! 

0 Kudos
doug0379

Re: Voice remote not working unless plugged in/charging issue

Jump to solution

Our Roku Voice Control rechargeable remote that came with Roku Model 4630X is not charging properly or holding a charge when unplugged.  We have tried different charging cables, different charging sourced and reset the remote and Roku device.  there may be an issue with the charging cable, port, or internal charging components. Who can I contact to get a replacement remote?

Thanks Doug

0 Kudos
Christina311
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I wish I knew!!! Mine hasn’t been working without being plugged in for days and I have only been able to respond here. I have not seen a number or any other suggestions how to do it. Rokucarly answered me once and no other support person has responded and it’s been days. If you find out please share the information. You could use the app on your phone but I am not giving my phone to my small kids to use. Then having to keep the remote plugged in for my kids is causing it to be plugged and unplugged several times an hour and I’m afraid it’s gonna break!!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@doug0379, given the 4630 came out almost 8 years ago, I doubt you'll get a replacement remote, but you can try https://support.roku.com/contactus.  If that doesn't work, you can use a universal remote that supports Roku devices or get a new Roku remote.  Any of the current remotes (other than the simple TV remote) will work with that model.

Accessories | Roku Player, Streaming Stick, Smart TV & Audio Accessories | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
pamz527

Re: Roku voice remote pro not working unless plugged in

Jump to solution

We have tried everything with no luck. Tried to send in for repair through the three year warranty I purchased through Amazon with no luck. They refused to help me even after I paid extra for warranty after buying 5 remotes so far. 

0 Kudos
lca1553

Roku Ultra rechargeable remote not holding charge

Jump to solution

Hello- My Roku Ultra rechargeable remote is not holding a charge any longer. It used to last weeks without even needing a charge. Now every other day it requires a charge. I have not been using it more often or with additional features (like voice commands or listening). I see there are other posts on here about this, but don't seem to be any recently. I have my serial # here: S0DA22322YUJ7

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

Ron

Roku Ultra (4800 series) 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra rechargeable remote not holding charge

Jump to solution

Hi Community users!

We appreciate you reaching out and apologies for the delay in response.

If you are experiencing the following issues with your Roku Voice Remote Pro:

1. Will not charge
  2. Only powers on when plugged into an outlet
  3. Does not turn on or work
  4. Not holding a charge - This includes cases where the device loses charge within a day or two after being fully charged and unplugged.

Here are some steps you can try:

• Test with different power outlets, micro USB cables, and USB chargers.
  • Reset the remote: Press and hold the Back/pairing button and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. For detailed instructions on how to reset the remote, you can refer to this support link: How to fix your Roku voice remote that is not working | Roku.

If the issue persists after trying the troubleshooting steps provided, kindly send me a Private Message with the following details:

1. Serial number of the Roku player this remote is paired to.
  2. Is this the remote that came with that device? If not, kindly specify if this is a Voice Remote Pro or Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition).
  3. When and where did you purchase this? 

To send a PM, kindly select my username, View Profile, and on the right side of the page, select Send this user a private message. 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.