Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beansandtaters
Reel Rookie

Voice remote not waking soundbar

Why will the old Roku remote wake up my sound bar and new voice remote not. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Voice remote not waking soundbar

Hi @Beansandtaters 

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Could you tell us more about your concern? What's the model number of your Roku Soundbar? This can be found in Settings > System > About. Please let us know as well the troubleshooting you've tried so we know what steps we should take next. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Beansandtaters
Reel Rookie

The model is TLC alto 7+ set up on TLC roku tv. Settings have not changed from either remote. I purchased the voice remote and everything works the same until the soundbar goes to sleep. Push the volume bottom to wake it up and no sound. Thanks for reply.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Beansandtaters,

Thanks for following up and providing the information.

If I understand it correctly that your new Roku Voice Remote is not commanding/waking your Roku Audio device, is that correct?

Is your Roku Fast TV Start enabled? If not. You can enable Fast TV Start on your Roku TV at any time using the instructions below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku TV remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System, followed by Power.
  4. Select Fast TV Start.
  5. Highlight Enable 'Fast TV Start', and check the box to enable it.

Here's a link to our support page to find out more about the feature: How to listen to music when the screen on your Roku TV is off | Official Roku Support

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Beansandtaters
Reel Rookie

Hi Mary, I’ve tried your suggestion with the fast start. That didn’t work. Thank you for responding back and I’ll figure out another method or just keep it like it is. I can purchase another original remote. Thanks again.

Travis

0 Kudos