Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ProfitPartners
Channel Surfer

Voice control remote volumn buttons do not work.

Roku things seem to be going wanky these days. Menus reorder themselves and won't allow reordering plus now my newer voice control remote volume buttons don't function properly .

To get the volume to change with the remote or function at all, I have to turn it sideways and press down as hard as I can with two thumbs. Even then I sometimes have to repeat the press multiple times for it to respond.

Should I return it?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Voice control remote volumn buttons do not work.

@ProfitPartners    Try a factory reset of the device which you should do prior to returning it.   If the factory reset does not solve the problem return the device.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice control remote volumn buttons do not work.

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @ProfitPartners!

We appreciate you reaching out for support. Rest assured that we'll help you troubleshoot your newly purchased remote and fix your Home screen.

Firstly, what specific Roku remote model is this? We've got an article dedicated to helping you identify your Roku remote here: What Roku remote do I have? Also, where and when exactly did you purchase this? Are you having trouble with the mic and volume buttons even the time you just paired this to your Roku device? 

Furthermore, regarding the Settings menu on your Home screen, you may modify this to your preferred options under Settings > Home screen > Hide or Show.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.