Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon prime button pulls up Paramount

Jump to solution

The remote to my new TV has an #Amazon Prime Video  button but when I press it #Paramount comes up.

How do I change that?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Amazon prime button pulls up Paramount

Jump to solution

@Blackhawkpryd,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. We are aware of the problem where some Roku remotes are launching Paramount+ instead of Prime Video.

Our technical team is actively working on a resolution, and we expect to have this issue resolved within the coming days. We will provide updates on this thread as soon as they become available.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

First I've heard of a dedicated button going to the wrong channel.  Amazon Prime, who paid to have their button included, will not be happy about that.

Sorry, those buttons are hard coded and can't be changed.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

No true Roku made remote has had a Prime button since Amazon released their on line of Streamers. I don't believe @Blackhawkpryd has Roku oem remote, sounds like aftermarket knockoff?   Can you post a picture?

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

It's a TV remote, probably from one of the non-Roku manufacturers of Roku TVs who supply their own remote hardware.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@Blackhawkpryd,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. We are aware of the problem where some Roku remotes are launching Paramount+ instead of Prime Video.

Our technical team is actively working on a resolution, and we expect to have this issue resolved within the coming days. We will provide updates on this thread as soon as they become available.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
GamerRoy
Reel Rookie

Problems finding Prime video

Jump to solution

i have a 2023 Philips Roku TV,  and my remote has the prime video logo but it is not installed and i cant find the search button to look for it, Im In Canada as well does that matter 

0 Kudos
renojim

Re: having problems finding prime video

Jump to solution

This usually happens because your Roku account is associated with the wrong region.  If you set up a Roku account while you were outside of the country, you won't be able to use the same Roku account.  It's also possible through no fault of your own to create a Roku account that's associated with the wrong region.  Finding the cause of the problem may not be as important as fixing it.  The only way to fix it is to create a new Roku account, factory reset your Roku device, and link it to the new account.  Note that any use of a VPN or anything else that masks your true location will only cause problems and isn't supported.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
GamerRoy
Reel Rookie

Re: Problems finding Prime video

Jump to solution

I go to add streaming channels  but i do not see a search function , this is quite frustrating , i have a 40 Philips Roku TV , does not look like it is pre installed ,m when i press the apple tv button it goes to the screen, all buttons go to the correct apps except the prime video button  which just beeps once, my country settings are right 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.