Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BroadRun
Channel Surfer

Voice Remote Pro remote selector bounce

Jump to solution

My Voice Remote Pro is not moving the selection one item on each click. Most of the time it moves two items, sometimes more and sometimes one. Darn, bad remote. Bought a new remote and now both new and old behave the same. That air blower suggestion does not help. To make this more interesting. The remotes work correctly in some apps and not in others. The Roku Channel and the PBS Passport apps do not work. The two remotes work fine in YouTube and Nebula. I haven't exhaustively explored all the apps. (I recently deleted France24 and HDHomeRun since they stopped working regardless of remote.) I just tried the remote in my iPad Roku app. It works fine in all the apps I've tried. Why do the Voice Remote Pros work correctly in some apps and not in others and the iPad Roku app controller works correctly in all apps?

Software version: 12.0.0
Build: 4184-C2
Model: 4802X - Roku Ultra
SN: X010000R80R8
Device ID: S0DA229R80R8
IP: 192.168.1.12
Elthernet MAC: 84:EA:ED:A1:A3:E6
Wireless MAC: ditto

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice Remote Pro remote selector bounce

Jump to solution

Hi @BroadRun,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku community. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention regarding your Roku voice remote . Please give us more details regarding your issue so we can further assist you.

• Did you already try to change the batteries?
  • What troubleshooting process have you done so far?
  • Did you try to re-pair your voice remote?

You can check it on our support page: How to fix your Roku voice remote pro

With more information, we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@BroadRun-

You may have received an upgrade to your Roku software, and you just need to restart your Roku. [Note: If you have a Roku TV with "Fast TV Start" enabled, turning it off/on just puts it in/out of a standby mode and does not give you a full restart.]

Depending on your Roku model you'll find the "System restart" option under "Settings > System > Power" or if you don't have a "Power" option, under "Settings > System".

If a restart doesn't do it, or if you don't have sufficient control with the remote to navigate the Roku menus, you can also restart by pulling the power plug to the Roku for a few seconds then plugging it back in and waiting for it to restart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @BroadRun,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku community. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention regarding your Roku voice remote . Please give us more details regarding your issue so we can further assist you.

• Did you already try to change the batteries?
  • What troubleshooting process have you done so far?
  • Did you try to re-pair your voice remote?

You can check it on our support page: How to fix your Roku voice remote pro

With more information, we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@BroadRun-

You may have received an upgrade to your Roku software, and you just need to restart your Roku. [Note: If you have a Roku TV with "Fast TV Start" enabled, turning it off/on just puts it in/out of a standby mode and does not give you a full restart.]

Depending on your Roku model you'll find the "System restart" option under "Settings > System > Power" or if you don't have a "Power" option, under "Settings > System".

If a restart doesn't do it, or if you don't have sufficient control with the remote to navigate the Roku menus, you can also restart by pulling the power plug to the Roku for a few seconds then plugging it back in and waiting for it to restart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
BroadRun
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

System restart fixed the problem. Now I have two remotes. Both paired. My first thought was broken remote, so I bought a new one for $30. System restart would have been cheaper.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.