Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexa1003
Reel Rookie

Using phone as a remote from a distance for a dementia patient

My mother has dementia and can’t remember how to use her remote. Is there a way that I can pair my phone to her Roku tv so I can turn on her tv from a distance? Any suggestions are appreciated. Dark days

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Using phone as a remote from a distance for a dementia patient

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Alexa1003!

We appreciate you reaching out for support. We're here to provide further information about this.

At this moment, this feature is not yet available as the Roku mobile app needs to be paired to the same network as your Roku devices. No worries! We would be more than happy to share this with the team as this makes the Roku streaming platform even better.

In the meantime, you may visit this support article dedicated to this: How to use the Roku mobile app to control your Roku streaming device without a remote

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tambamsurfslam
Reel Rookie

What I am currently doing for my dad with dementia is that I have a channel from “Roku live” playing in his room and it runs 24/7. So no need to find something new or change the channel. Then I just took the batteries out of his remote so he can hold it but can’t do anything to the TV. 

0 Kudos
Alexa1003
Reel Rookie

Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Tambamsurfslam!

We appreciate you sharing this here. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need help or feel free to share anything that might help other users.

We hope you have a Happy Streaming! 💜

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.