Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RyeBread23
Reel Rookie

Unsupported tv brand?

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Streaming Stick+ and I cannot get the power and volume buttons to work on my Element TV. I tried their codes and they will not work and I cannot seem to find how you change your tv brand to see other tv brands. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unsupported tv brand?

Jump to solution

With new batteries in the remote, and the roku not buried behind the tv, if you have to put in side hdmi input of the tv, or get a hdmi extender to bring the roku out behind the tv just during programming. You get better results.

When it says the Element tv doesn't work with your roku remote it still gives you choice to try again, do it a couple of times then it will offer you to change brands or it will switch to using the hdmi-cec signal instead of IR. See this thread:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/Volume-control/m-p/587572#M9899

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Re-pair the remote to roku, then when programming the tv try Seiki tv brand.

Edmund

0 Kudos
RyeBread23
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried to re-pair the remote and I went to “Set up remote for TV control” and it still just goes straight to the “can you hear the music?” Screen. It doesn’t bring up other tv brands as it just has my Element TV locked in. Is there no way to see other brands so I can try different codes..????

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution
From what I've read (no personal experience, so take this for what it's worth) .... Keep telling it NO even though you CAN hear the sound. Eventually it will give you the option to select a TV brand.
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
RyeBread23
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’ve tried that and it just says, “Sorry, it seems like this Element TV will not work with a roku remote.” 

Never let’s me bring up other brands.. i’ve tried re pairing on it as well and nothing. 

if I have to be more specific I have the enhanced remote and Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810x 

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@RyeBread23 wrote:

I’ve tried that and it just says, “Sorry, it seems like this Element TV will not work with a roku remote.” 

Never let’s me bring up other brands.. i’ve tried re pairing on it as well and nothing. 

if I have to be more specific I have the enhanced remote and Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810x 

In the first reply to this thread, @Tivoburkee, our unofficial remote expert, suggested that you try the codes for Seiki.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

With new batteries in the remote, and the roku not buried behind the tv, if you have to put in side hdmi input of the tv, or get a hdmi extender to bring the roku out behind the tv just during programming. You get better results.

When it says the Element tv doesn't work with your roku remote it still gives you choice to try again, do it a couple of times then it will offer you to change brands or it will switch to using the hdmi-cec signal instead of IR. See this thread:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/Volume-control/m-p/587572#M9899

Edmund

Majinken

Jump to solution

Hi @Tivoburkee, read this thread and was hoping if you could help me find out what code or alternative brand to use for a Xiaomi - Mi P1 TV. It's an AndroidTV but offers my purchased movies from Vudu and Youtube in 1080p or 480p only.

Which is why I rely on Roku to get it in 4k and it's a hassle using different remotes for the TV volume.

Happy New Year!

0 Kudos
Bigtex512

Jump to solution

I have a tv called BEA and there are no codes for this brand

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Bigtex512 

Unless/until @Tivoburkee drops by with a suggestion for you, it looks like from some convoluted FCC searching that BEA and Bolva are both manufactured by Changzhou Shincobroad Electronics Co.  (their user manuals also look pretty identical).

https://fccid.io/2AOP9

I noticed that Bolva is among the selections you can choose so perhaps try that.

Otherwise, the BEA television FAQ page is located here with contact info and some different remote codes so maybe some cross referencing can provide useful as well.  http://beatelevision.com/faq/

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos