Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MCoogan70
Reel Rookie

Re: USB Power Cable with Long-range Wireless Receiver

Same thing happened to me.  The power cable broke off inside the stick.  I also have a Samsung TV.  I saw an earlier post that mentioned that.  
SN # 2130A0501638

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MCoogan70

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that your device is no longer under warranty. It's possible that the remote may be on its way out. If you need a replacement cable for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page.

For more information about our device warranty, visit our Support page here: Player warranty and license agreement

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cherieb
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue as so many people here. When the streaming stick is plugged into the tv, the power cable is on top, causing it to bend over, this eventually caused it to break. Definitely a design flaw. I can’t even replace it because this cable is out of stock. I do think Roku needs to replace this. I am not going to buy a new streaming device in order to use my Roku. 
My device info: Model 3810x   Serial Number 213120047892

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Cherieb

Thanks for reaching out!

I have forwarded your concern and information to our team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Jr71

Have rhe same issue as everyone else — wireless antennae cord bent at the insertion and now stick is not usable.  
sn 255145332370 

would love a replacement, as have used this for two months 😞 

Cherieb
Reel Rookie

They ended up sending me a USB extension. This does not help because the USB power cord is broken right at the insertion into the streaming stick. I sent pickures when support emailed me. The power cable with long-range wireless receiver that comes with the stick is not in stock and there is no other replacement option. This happened with out last Roku device. This time I will not buy a new Roku device. We are switching over to a Firestick because of this. 

TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

People act like they spent $1000 on a Roku. On sale most are less than $50. Go buy a new one and move on 🙄

Roku Streaming Stick 4K 2021 | Streaming Device 4K/HDR/Dolby Vision with Roku Voice Remote and TV Controls https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BKCDXZC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_B2WMRJPNS38R4MYSBV54

0 Kudos
CrystalsStream
Binge Watcher

I am having the exact same problem.  Has there been any resolution to this problem?  Can't purchase a replacement because ROKU says it's out of stock.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Yup. It’s called purchase a new Roku. You can buy a Streaming Stick 4K for $40

0 Kudos
CrystalsStream
Binge Watcher

You should not have to purchase a whole new roku just to get a replacement power cord.  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.