Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VAR
Roku Guru

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

It’s going on  for months now that seems they’re in process of destroying their business

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Re: Remotes (2) no longer control TV power and volume starting JULY 3rd, NOT after update.

Jump to solution

It seems they continue to make changes that ends up doing more damage

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

They’re just getting in deeper and deeper 

this problem is spreading

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

That happened with one of my Vizio TVs in May and it seems they’re ignoring the problem

the silence is deafening 

0 Kudos
Robert1021
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Im still waiting to hear back from ROKU Danny - I sent him a direct message couple weeks ago - crickets!  My tv was working fine prior to update so comments about my tv being too old/not supported do not hold water since it worked fine prior to update.  Perhaps they need to pay their offshore programmers more than 4 dollars and hour to code lololol.  Since its a ROKU express its not hard at all to switch out to google for better functionality on Aelxa as well.  I have a new TCL TOKU 55 with zero problems on the remote - interesting....

Robert

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Don’t bother waiting 

I’ve sent emails to customers service and their response was minimal and know silent 

my wife is considering to start changing our streaming devices 1 at a time (we currently have 7 in 2 locations and so far our problems are with 1 tv)

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

This morning I sent another email to customer support requesting warranty  info for my newly purchased RC399 voice remote that no longer performs as designed all due to the update to ver 10.0.0

im fed up with their silence

my issues go back to May I gave them all the info they wanted I rebooted a hundred times I followed their suggests dozens of times , the update created a issue where my Vizio TV is now an unrecognized brand and we get silence 🤔

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Re: Enhanced voice remote will not control TV volume

Jump to solution

Send it back if it’s still under warranty 

0 Kudos
Lzodrow

Jump to solution

I have a TCL 32" Class HD Roku Smart TV purchased 11/16/20 & a Roku Ultra Streaming Media Player HD 4K HDR Dolby Vision purchased 6/24/21.  I just lost the ability to control the volume both with the remote and the app tonight.

Device ID: So2A211GYWAN

Software version: 10.0.0     build 4209-C2

TV - TCL YK00SY635072

I've done all the troubleshooting; besides not being able to control the volume it works fine.

Lisa

Rferguson7498
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I haven’t been able to control TV volume and power since the beginning of all this problems with that first update. It was working great before that update a few months ago. I have tried all the solutions and still nothing. I have a Polaroid TV but it says my Sansui TV may not be able to pair with Roku….but it did before. 
my info:

Device ID: CS3951636503

software version: 10.0 build 4209-46

TV: Polaroid 32 inch