Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdtech200591
Channel Surfer

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

What is the latest status of roku remote not being able to control tv? My remote worked fine for years and now not control my Vizio. So ticked off. 

Looked through previous posted and noticed people saying change WIFI to another network and that seemed to work initially to turn off the audio during the link test. I used my version hotspot and was able to link my tv to remote.

On my home network I used OpenDNS and have a bunch of security settings and adware blocks so perhaps my home network can not reach some Roku servers. I know I block a ton of log urls going to Roku like scribe.logs.roku.com

Piece of junk not working. I have a Vizio.

0 Kudos
biglou602
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

@cdtech200591 

I just unplugged the roku, then unplugged the hdmi from the TV and Roku. Took the batteries of the remote. Waited a few minutes, plug the HDMI into the TV (port 1) plugged in the Roku power, then the HDMI cable to the Roku.

After it powers on, batteries back in the remote and let it pair (may have to manually do this if doesn't do it itself) then went to the settings to have the remote control the volume. It was then that it worked for me. I was frustrated too as why it was working smooth forever to not being able to do anything 

0 Kudos
cdtech200591
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I tried new cables, new batteries, different internet, factory reset roku. Same issues. I even tried a new remote. For me the issue is the make of the tv, seems Roku and Vizio stopped playing nice. My other two tvs work fine with the same remote (TCL and sharp)

Ngoldstein
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Doesn’t work with my Sony TV anymore, either. So not just Vizio!

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

One of my Vizio TVs are no “longer recognized/ supported

0 Kudos
emeralds3456
Reel Rookie

ROKU............Roku remote lose volume and TV control I have tried everything.

Jump to solution

HELP>>>>>>>>>>>>> I MEAN REAL HELP

My old Vizio tv is fiine NO problems but my Vizio that is only 1 year old will NOT respond to volume

control or turn TV on and off. I have tried every solution posted but nothing works. I bought a new roku 

unit but that did not work either............... sick of it

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU............Roku remote lose volume and TV control I have tried everything.

Jump to solution

@emeralds3456 

If it allows you to choose tv brands try alternate brands that respond to the same codes as vizio, like Goldstar or LG?

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
cdtech200591
Channel Surfer

Re: ROKU............Roku remote lose volume and TV control I have tried everything.

Jump to solution

That worked. I picked goldstar and the first code stopped a muted the music. Working great now! How come the employees at roku didnt suggest this!

Thanks

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku remote loses volume and TV control I have tried everything.

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We believe we have found the cause of the issue of Roku remotes losing TV control of volume and power and expect the issue to be resolved in a future update.

If you are still experiencing this issue after updating to OS 11.0, please feel free to search for another thread related to your issue, or create a new thread regarding the issue you are experiencing.

In the meantime, we will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos