Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwlacy22

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

No luck with the latest update(s)

Roku device: 4670RW - Roku Ultra

Serial number: YJ002U343738

Device ID: KX9992343738

Software OS version: 10.0.0 Build 4198-46

Remote Model: RC412

TV brand and model: Sony Bravia KDL40W600B

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I have 2 Express +'s. One is on a Toshiba TV, the other is on an LG TV. I also have 1 Streaming Stick + on a n LG Tv. One day the Express+'s just stopped working the volume on each TV. I tried everything suggessted, it isn't the TV. It's something in the Roku. I just did the software update that Roku recommended and I have gotten the same exact results on both TV's. I can mute both, but I cannot control the volume.  

What's next? Just wondering at this point. 

ChipHale
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

-Model - 4660X - Roku Uktra
-Serial Number - YJ00CV995339
-Device ID - CK383C995339
-software OS/version - 10.0.0 Build 4198-6
-remote model - RC193 and RC399

-TV - Philips 46PFL5907/F7

A few days ago, the volume buttons stopped working on my remote. The power button still controls the TV power.  The TV remote can change the volume, and the blu-ray player remote still controls the volume, so the TV still works. First thing I did was repaired the remote. I heard the music, it said it was paired, but the volume  buttons still didn't work.   I have the Roku Ultra, and when I press the volume buttons, the led light on the front blinks.  And today a replacement remote came in the mail, and it is having the same issues.  Paired it, both control the TV power, but neither control the volume.

My first post was ignored and closed.

Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If you go back to the beginning of this thread, you can click on Danny-R's id and see his profile. You can also send him a direct message. I did:

Danny-R, You appear to be answering everyone BUT those of us in the conversation, "UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!" who replied to your request:

If you are still experiencing an issue with your Roku remote not able to control volume and power, please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-remote model (Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remotes > select the remote > About > Model)
-TV brand and model number

If you have already provided us with the information we have requested after updating your device, we have passed along the information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

. . . . and then you disappeared on us. I see you're replying to other people, so I guess you didn't get fired or catch COVID. I even offered you $100 to come out from under your rock.

So what's up?

Curious minds want to know.

Old Bill

Jump to solution

ROKU REMOTE WILL NOT CHANGE VOLUME, and shows that all software is up to date.

Model 3921RW-Roku Premiere+

Serial # YH006X032576

Device ID JG2896032576

Software 10.0.0 build 4195-91

TV LG Model 42LN5300-UB

verkuilb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Issue ID 28-219-928

Model 3811X - Roku Streaming Stick+

Software version 10.0.0 build 4198-50

TV Dynex (not sure of model number--hidden by wall mount)

With the "fix", the remote is finally able to control volume (up, down, and mute buttons).  (It doesn't recognize any of the initial 30-some codes.  But then after you tell it that that the TV is Dynex, it finds one).  But when you push the power button, the TV interprets it as pushing the channel "1" button--not as powering the TV on/off.

Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Re: Roku's response to complaints of remotes no longer pairing with TVs

Jump to solution

I found Danny-R's post announcing the beginning of our problems--the roll out of Roku OS 10.0: 

Roku OS 10.0 Coming Soon

Hi everyone,

Today, we announced the rollout of Roku OS 10 to Roku devices including streaming players, audio products and Roku TV models. Roku OS 10 introduces new features that help you get to content faster, improve network and input configurations, offer new ways to customize the experience, and enhance performance.

For more information about Roku OS 10, visit our blog post here: https://blog.roku.com/roku-os-10

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
You can follow the link at the end to a blog that gives more info on the release--everything but how it will unpair your remote and TV. At the end of that blog, there is another link promising release notes for 10.0, but it just jakes you to the release for Roku OS 7.2. An example of what I'm deciding is Roku tech efficiency. 
I wish Roku would hire someone who used to work at Publix or Costco, someplace where people learn customer service. 
0 Kudos
Steve108
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had the same remote issues with release 10.0 as reported by many users with my relatively new Sharp TV, no volume or on/off controls. I attempted reconfiguring a number of times but to no avail. I went into setup recently for remotes and devices and opened "set up device for TV control." This time instead to typing Sharp as I had done numerous times, I typed Westinghouse. After panning thru a number of options for "hearing music" and "not hearing music," I finally reached a level that indeed muted the sound. I said yes, exited out and found that my remote now controls these features on my Sharp. Certainly a weird approach to problem solving but at least for now, it works!!

0 Kudos
LorenT
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My remote stopped working entirely yesterday.  It did have all the functionality except volume until yesterday, but now nothing on the remote works.  I am so done with ROKU.  I have never seen a company so reluctant to communicate with its customers and so reluctant to back out an update that has cost thousands of their customers hours and hours of headaches.  Do these people not understand that before you release an update there needs to be testing and plenty of it?  These people test in production and seem to think it's fine and when people complain they just go silent and ignore them.  If I'm the head man at ROKU, I'm firing everyone responsible for this colossal screw up and I'm hiring people with actual knowledge of the product they sell and then I'm spending every waking moment for the next 3 months apologizing to their customers.  In the meantime, I'm done with them.  I don't patronize slop and I don't do business with people who don't know how to conduct theirs.  I'm going another direction.  Count me out.  

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

NOT RESOLVED !

0 Kudos