Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katlaurel

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Hey, did the factory reset and the software update, still no good. Power and volume buttons not working for me. I have samsung tv.

model: 3810rw

software version: 10.0.0

Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

PayPal just notified me I made a monthly payment to Roku. This will be my last if this problem isn't fixed before the next payment is due. Folks, we've got to do something to get these people's attention.

Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Re: Roku's response to complaints of remotes no longer pairing with TVs

Jump to solution

PayPal just notified me I made a monthly payment to Roku. This will be my last if this problem isn't fixed before the next payment is due. Folks, we've got to do something to get these people's attention.

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

M1

there has been zero fixes

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

After the update our Roku will power down the TV but won’t power it back on.

Model.....9102R - Roku Streambar 

Serial Number.....YL0075621045

Software version.....10.0.0 Build 4196-95

Device ID.....2A10C7621045

Remote.....RC399

TV.....Panasonic 

AlexGreat
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Since this is the 3rd thread that Roku keeps closing and keeps saying how they fixed it, as thousands of customers are getting frustrated....I will tell you how i fixed mine. I removed the 5 ultra roku devices, that are 100 dollars a pop, and do not work, and replaced them with 5 new Amazon Fire sticks 3rd generation, that does have volume buttons, and what do you know, they work!!!! And they are only 39 a peace. To the roku customer representative monitoring this thread. I promised you I will do this on friday if you so not fix it, and unlike you, i do keep my promises. I will never in my lifetime buy another roku product if my life depended on it. That is another promise i am making  to you!!!

legacy07
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've tried everything to make it work but still no volume or power. Looks like I'll take your advice and purchase an Amazon fire stick. Enjoyed Roku while it lasted but it looks like they just lost a customer.

Tennknox
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have never experienced such a complete incompetence in a customer service of any company in recent years. No communication, no comments, no emails to customers   ( they have our registration info). no remedy. 

Baxa
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Let’s see how many customers can back the request for Roku to back out of version 10 and back to version that had working volume and ON / OFF...

ALL WHO AGREE THAT ROKU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY BACKOUT GIVE A THUMBS UP KUDO!!!

cfassero

Jump to solution

My Roku remote used to control both the power and volume of my TV.  It still controls the power, but it recently stopped controlling the volume.  The information requested in the previous post on this issue is as follows.

Roku:

Model - 3800X

Serial No - YF00DY051432

Device ID - CT37AD051432

Software Ver - 10.0.0 build 4200-55

Remote Model - RC127

TV:

Brand - Dynex

Model DX-LDVD22-10A

Thank you!