Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OldPossum

Two Roju Express on same account but different rooms.

Have two Roku Express devices on the same accout but in different rooms. If I change channels in the bedroom the unit in the living room also changes. Same if I try and mirror my phone to one set it mirrors to both. I find all sorts of conflicting solutions but really need a clear suggestion. I don not see any instructions on how to pair the remotes to their specific TV. Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Two Roju Express on same account but different rooms.

Roku express comes with simple IR remote, which can't be change to a different address. It will control all other Roku that accept IR commands in its sight. IR signals can bounce off walls so it can control other Roku's in other rooms if the signal can reach. Remedy is to abandon the IR remotes from BOTH Rokus and replace BOTH with Roku Wifi Voice remotes. Which can be purchased separately. Cheapest is $20, there are two Voice remote with rechargeable batteries and other features for $30 a piece. This is your only remedy. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Two Roju Express on same account but different rooms.

... or take physical measures to keep the infrared remote signals from bouncing between rooms.

• Close doors on one or both rooms, if there are any.
  • Reposition or reorient affected TV(s) and Roku(s), or even put up barriers, to prevent infrared signals coming in open doors from hitting on front of Roku(s).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.