Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisMaples
Reel Rookie

Re: The right arrow on my remote for new 4K Streaming Stick is not working

My right arrow button stopped working tonight.  I have tried every method listed in this thread (to save you time in suggesting the same thing over and over).  Do I simply have to call for a replacement remote control?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @ChrisMaples!

We appreciate you informing us about the functionality of the right arrow button on your Roku remote. We'd be happy to look closely into this matter to better assess your concern so we can provide you with an accurate resolution. 

Kindly let us know the following:

• Which specific Roku device this remote was paired to? Is this the remote that comes with that device?
  • When and where did you purchase this?

For future reference, here's our support article to help you learn more about returns:

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ChrisMaples
Reel Rookie

I bought a Phillips Roku tv at Wal Mart and the remote came with the set.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the added information, @ChrisMaples.

Please be advised that Philips Roku TV designs and produces its own hardware, including the remote control. We highly recommend reaching out to Philips TV Support and requesting a replacement, as we only support its software operating system.

You may reach them here: Philips TV Support

We hope you get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
data

I bought two ROKU 4k sticks last December.  Both of them are having the same issue now.  I need to press so hard to get the right arrow respond.   I tried all the tricks and they don't work.  I doubt it is a setup issue because it's only the arrows that don't work.  One is right arrow only.  The other has issues on both right and down arrows.   I tried them on different TVs and they have same problem. 

Please help.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @data!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention, and we'd be happy to assist you with the issues you've encountered with your Roku remote's button presses. 

Kindly check your inbox as we will be sending you a Private Message to gather further details about this such as the email address associated with your two Roku Streaming Stick 4K and the serial number of it.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Spicy24

We are having the same problem! Only the right arrow. It's always been a little more difficult than the other buttons, but it's gotten to where we can barely use it. 

I have tried all the steps you reformer and nothing worked

Can you help me? 

0 Kudos
pattiz3
Binge Watcher

I have the Roku box.  It is square, and I have 2.  one is a Roku 3 and one is the Roku 4.   I do not have a stick.  I do not know if that is why yours doesn't work and mine does.  The fix worked for me.  I do not know how to help you if that did not work.   I wish you luck.  Maybe try the square box instead of the stick?  God bless you

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Spicy24!

Thank you for sharing your concern about the right arrow button on your physical Roku remote. I'd be happy to coordinate this with our Support team for additional reinforcement. 

With this being said, I will reach out to you via Private Message to gather further details to check and validate this case. 

In the meantime, you may install the Roku mobile app as an alternative to your physical Roku remote. This works well with all of Roku's streaming devices and has a Headphones Mode (private listening) feature.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
strahd8088

I have 5 4Ks.  One remote suffers from the right button issue.  I reset several devices and remotes and tried them together and separate on different TVs.  The remote is definitely broken.  It is unfortunate I spent so much time chasing a problem that is known.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.