Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ninko
Binge Watcher

TV brand Evotel not listed

Hi, 

Could someone tell me what brand share remote codes with Evotel as it's not listed? 

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TV brand Evotel not listed

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Ninko!

Thank you for reaching out. We'd be happy to help you with setting up your Roku remote.

May we first know what specific Roku streaming player have you plugged into your Evotel TV? We highly suggest pairing a Roku remote to the device plugged in. Nevertheless, here are some codes you may try:

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ninko
Binge Watcher

Hi @RokuCarly 

I've paired the remote to the Roku streaming stick, I want to program the remote to control the TV volume etc? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for keeping us posted, @Ninko.

We appreciate the additional information. Kindly refer to the information below to help you set up your Roku remote to control the power and volume of your TV via HDMI-CEC.

HDMI-CEC: Also known as just CEC, this technology uses the HDMI connection to pass along power and volume commands your Roku player receives from your remote. With CEC, you can point your remote in any direction since it communicates with your Roku player over a direct wireless connection.

1. Navigate to Settings
  2. Select Remotes & devices
  3. Select Remotes followed by your remote
  4. Select Set up remote for TV control

For reference, you may check our support article dedicated to this: How to set up your Roku voice remote to control your TV

Let us know how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ninko
Binge Watcher

Like I said, my TV brand is not listed, it's a Evotel?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the clarification, @Ninko!

In this case, your TV is not compatible with the CEC setup using your Roku remote. We suggest reaching out to your TV manufacturer for further clarification and assistance regarding this matter.

You may reach them here: Evotel Support

Furthermore, we also recommend plugging in your Roku Streaming Stick to a different TV and set its remote to control the volume and power of your TV via HDMI-CEC.

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.