Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cj79

Why is my Roku stick remote draining batteries

I rarely use the tv in my bedroom. Just bought this roku stick in February.  I have had to replace the batteries 4 times already.  What is goin on?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why is my Roku stick remote draining batteries

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Cj79!

We appreciate you reaching out for support and we'd be happy to review your concern and provide further information about this.

Firstly, may we know the timeframe when it's time to change the batteries? Roku remotes are designed to go the distance, but there are a few things that will drain a remote a bit faster:

• Congested Wi-Fi network around the device. The reason for this is that most remotes will use RF to connect to your Roku player and constant reconnection will use more battery.
  • Also, viewing lots of short-form content, like YouTube, where a streamer could go through a few hundred button presses in an hour. 

By the way, we also offer the Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition), which is a rechargeable remote with 50% more battery life, private listening, a lost remote finder, two programmable shortcut buttons, and you'll never buy a pack of batteries again. 

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.