Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skott47a

TCL RokuTV won't turn on since adding Polk Audio sound bar

I have a great Polk Audio soundbar attached to my TCL RokuTV via the HDMI (ARC) input.

Everything works using the Roku remote once the television is turned on. I can easily control soundbar sound with the Roku remote. Unfortunately the remote won't ever turn on the TV. When I use the Roku remote to turn on the power, the soundbar turns on, but not the TV. I have to go to the back of my TV, unplug its power line, and then re-plug it in. Only then can I go up to the TV and manually turn it on using the button on the front of the TV.

I'm completely clueless as to why this is happening. What about using HDMI (ARC) is making it so my TV won't turn on and needs to be unplugged to turn on again? Is there a way to fix this or do I need to unplug HDMI (ARC) and just use the audio optical cable? I'm happy to do that if I have to, but I was truly hoping to have one remote for the paired visual/audio system.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL RokuTV won't turn on since adding Polk Audio sound bar

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Skott47a!

I appreciate your precise explanation of your concern about being able to control the power of your TCL Roku TV using your Roku remote. No worries! I'd be happy to help.

Is this the remote that comes with your TCL Roku TV, or was this purchased separately? Also, have you been able to control the power of your TV before? In the meantime, we can try resetting your remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again to see if this helps.

If the issue persists, we can try plugging your Polk Audio sound bar into an optical cable to see if this makes any difference. 

I'll be looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.