Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j1odie

TCL Roku TV remote - channel buttons

Jump to solution

I need to replace my 5-year-old remote due to, um, reasons. The existing remote had buttons for Netflix/Sling/Hulu/Starz. If I get a newer remote with different channels, will the new buttons send the TV to those new channels, or will the TV go to the original channel lineup?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL Roku TV remote - channel buttons

Jump to solution

Hi @j1odie,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I understand that you are inquiring about a replacement remote for your Roku TV. 
If you need a replacement remote or information for a Roku TV remote, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach them here: TCL Support or at 1-877-300-8837.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: Roku Accessories | Streaming Accessories for Roku Devices & TVs | Roku

In addition, please be aware that we can't guarantee partner buttons, the channel shortcut buttons vary even on the same Roku models.

I hope I have addressed your question appropriately, let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @j1odie,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I understand that you are inquiring about a replacement remote for your Roku TV. 
If you need a replacement remote or information for a Roku TV remote, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach them here: TCL Support or at 1-877-300-8837.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: Roku Accessories | Streaming Accessories for Roku Devices & TVs | Roku

In addition, please be aware that we can't guarantee partner buttons, the channel shortcut buttons vary even on the same Roku models.

I hope I have addressed your question appropriately, let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@j1odie, to answer your question the buttons on the remote will go to whatever channel is on the button.  The buttons you get are pretty much random.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos