Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allen4600
Binge Watcher

Streaming stick remote volume buttons unresponsive

Hi,

I have a problem with my remote for the Roku streaming stick.  The remote buttons become unresponsive and will not control volume the volume up/down.  I find that if I open the battery compartment and ro  yes ate the batteries, volume buttons will then work again.  The batteries are new alkaline.  Why does this continue to happen?!

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streaming stick remote volume buttons unresponsive

Hi @allen4600

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community! 

Thanks for letting us know that you're seeing an issue, and we are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Please be aware that how often you use your remote will affect how long its batteries last. The batteries may last up to two months under normal use conditions. Using private listening on the remote itself can drain the batteries a bit faster. Also ensure that your remote has line of sight to the TV sensor, as the remote will use an IR signal to control the TV power and volume. 

Let us know what you find, we're looking forward to your response. 

Best Regards, 
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
allen4600
Binge Watcher

I said in my post that the batteries are new.  And the problem still exists.  How can I get a new remote under the one year warranty?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @allen4600 

Thanks for the note.

We are grateful for the explanation. If you purchase the remote from our website, which is Roku.com, we could actually make a replacement for you. However, if you purchase that device from one of our affiliated stores (Walmart, Best Buy, or Amazon), We might refer you to them.

Keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
allen4600
Binge Watcher

My Roku was purchased at Best Buy in December 2022.  It’s still under the one year warranty.  This device is outside of the Best Buy return policy, so you as the manufacturer are responsible and need to honor the warranty.

0 Kudos
RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Hi @allen4600

Thanks for the quick response

It seems that we need to investigate further more on this issue. Please provide your device serial number or Device ID:

• Press the Home button
  • Go to Settings
  • Click System
  • About

Keep us posted,

Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
allen4600
Binge Watcher