Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flokic
Binge Watcher

Streaming Stick without dongle and remote issue

Jump to solution

Hi, I've bought a streaming stick+ (3810) on ebay and while opening the package I've damaged the original usb power cable with long range. I have mini usb cables so I've just used one of those and it got turned on normally, the problem is I can't seem to pair the remote. I've tried the remote on other roku devices I have and it works fine, so my question is, am I not able to pair the remote because I'm missing that power cable/dongle with long range that comes with the stick? Does the remote pair to that dongle and not the stick? btw using the app is not an option because this is the initial setup, the device is not part of my network.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Re: Streaming Stick without dongle and remote issue

Jump to solution

Yes.

Yes, to both the dongle & stick (as a combined unit).

The LRWR/AWR (WR001) is Out-of-Stock indefinitely, so unfortunately your 3810 is useless.

You are better off buying a new $30 Express 4K+ (3941) or $40 Streaming Stick 4K (3820).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Yes.

Yes, to both the dongle & stick (as a combined unit).

The LRWR/AWR (WR001) is Out-of-Stock indefinitely, so unfortunately your 3810 is useless.

You are better off buying a new $30 Express 4K+ (3941) or $40 Streaming Stick 4K (3820).

0 Kudos
Flokic
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I was afraid that would be it. Going to sell the remote and cut my losses. Thank you.

0 Kudos