Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thefenderbender
Reel Rookie

Smart Remote Won't Pair 4660X

Jump to solution

I have an older Roku, model 4660X, that the remote won't pair.

I've followed the steps multiple times (unplug device, remove batteries, plug in, add batteries, hold button). I've tried different variations. I was able to get the app to pair to the Roku and tried to pair through the settings, still no luck.

I haven't tried a factory reset - I read it doesn't seam to work and I'll loose all our apps and logins. Maybe recordings?

Suggestions? Sticking with a phone/app remote isn't feasible for the home setting we have.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Smart Remote Won't Pair 4660X

Jump to solution

The rc-al4 is pretty old, currently the only remote with headphone jack is Voice Pro rechargeable remote:

Amazon.com: Roku Voice Remote Pro | Rechargeable voice remote with TV controls, lost remote finder, ...

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

What is the model number of the Roku remote? Look in the battery compartment. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Thefenderbender
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

RC-AL4

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

That is the original  model of remote for this Ultra. The rc-al4 remote has IR built in, when not paired to given Roku or if the Roku in unplugged it will emit IR Roku commands. Do you have another Roku close by that the remote is pairing to instead of the intended ultra?

Edmund

0 Kudos
Thefenderbender
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Not in our home. Maybe a neighbor? But they're single fmaily houses, small lots, but still far enough away I don't think it would be trying to pair to a neighbors.

Its blinking green immediately after I put batteries in it. I don't think its paired to anything.

Do you think there is value in getting a new remote to try? I read where people have tried new remotes and it still won't pair.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

The rc-al4 is pretty old, currently the only remote with headphone jack is Voice Pro rechargeable remote:

Amazon.com: Roku Voice Remote Pro | Rechargeable voice remote with TV controls, lost remote finder, ...

Edmund

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.