Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple remote not working

Is there a way i can get a new remote mine never worked? And wont do anything can the send me a new one?

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Simple remote not working

@Evans411420 

Try the Returns page.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Evans411420,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are inquiring about your remote issue.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot remote issues: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working | Official Roku Support

If the steps provided by the Support page still aren't helping, feel free to provide us with the serial number of your Roku device and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092

First thing to check is if the batteries are inserted correctly. Some Roku remotes have both batteries facing the same way, while others have one up and one down. If the batteries are in correct, you can test the remote by viewing the end of the remote through a digital camera (like a phone camera) and see if there's a flashing light when you press a remote button. No flashing light, the remote isn't working. 

If the light is flashing, then the remote is emitting its IR signal. Now make sure you have a clear line of sight between the remote and the Roku. Nothing can be blocking the remote from seeing the front of the Roku. Even a tissue paper is enough to block the signal.

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RHS725

Thanks for the information. Nothing when doing any/all of the "hints." Seems my remote has given up the ghost. Purchased July 2022. Thought I'd get a bit more life out of a standard remote - at least a year...

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @RHS725 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. This can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. We'll be able to further assist you from there. 

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

I paid 12 dollars for a new remote and it doesnt work either ...im so ticked off ...i dont reccomend roku to anyone ..this is stupid

0 Kudos
atc98092

@lazymessiah69 What model of Roku do you have? If it's one of the Stick models, the simple remote does not work on any Stick model. The simple remote is IR only, and the Stick does not have IR support. If you have a Roku TV, the TV models use a different remote than the Roku players, so you have to have the correct remote.

Dan

i have the right **bleep** remotes  they dont work properly and you all are no help

0 Kudos
atc98092

And you aren't helping anyone provide you any assistance. Have a nice day...

Dan

0 Kudos