Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bettyhoggatt
Reel Rookie

Simple Remote home button works but pause and fast forward won't work

I have a simple Roku remote.  When I turn on the tv, I can use the arrow button to move over to Direct TV and select it, but then I can't pause, fast forward or even use the down arrow to bring up the menu.  Have had this remote for a while and it has just started doing this.  Checked batteries and they are fine.  Reset the modem and this worked to solve the issue for a short time, but now it's happening again.  I'm at a loss as to what to do.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Simple Remote home button works but pause and fast forward won't work

Hi there!

Wanted to extend a warm welcome from the Roku Community, you're in the right place, @bettyhoggatt. Is this issue only occurring when you're watching the DirecTV app on your Roku, or are you seeing it on other channels, like The Roku Channel, or Netflix, or any other service you frequently use? 

To be sure, have you tried a fresh set of batteries?

Awaiting your reply! 

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos
bettyhoggatt
Reel Rookie

Re: Simple Remote home button works but pause and fast forward won't work

It didn't do it on the Roku channel or Netflix... only Direct TV.  Batteries are good.  I don't know why it does it, but it seems to be intermittent.  Bought another Roku device and tried setting it up, but it wouldn't work so I put the batteries back in the old one and now it is working again.  It will probably go out again though.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.