Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Setting up Roku stick but my remote won’t pair

Jump to solution

Hi, @Jonlee @kdscott1.

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for reaching out. 

No worries! Rest assured that we will help you effectively pair your physical Roku remotes to your Roku devices. Before proceeding, kindly provide us with additional information such as follows:

• What specific Roku device are you trying to pair this remote with?
  • Is this the remote that came with this device? If not, what is the model of this remote?
  • If this is not the original remote that came with this device, is this your first time trying to pair it, or have you paired it before and suddenly cannot?

We'll be looking forward to your responses!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having the same issues....newly bought 4K stick. worked fine the first time, and now its completely unresponsive remote. Have tried all the paired instructions and everything and nothing works.  @roku

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@4kuser123123 As a last resort I would do a factory reset of the Streaming Stick 4k.  I had to do that once to mine and it has worked fine ever since.

Jump to solution

Tv was working with remote then suddenly no pairing any more. No clue what to do!

0 Kudos
Skippo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Exact same issue. It's my second Roku device, but this one won't work no matter where I plug it in.

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate your efforts to resolve this issue. Rest assured, we will continue to assist you with this matter. Before we proceed, have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided above?

Furthermore, you have the option to receive a free HDMI cable to facilitate the connection between your device and the remote. We encourage you to visit our website to take advantage of this offer HDMI extender.

This should resolve the issue you are experiencing however, if it is still unresolved, please reply, and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Calguy

Jump to solution

I just got my brand new 4k stick in the mail. Won't pair, same as other posters. Bummer. Was this product tested? Seems odd the remote can't connect 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Try using duracell batteries.  Was using kirkland and energizer batteries and remote wouldn't work.  Tried duracells and no problems 

RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for keeping us posted @Calguy!

We noticed that you're having trouble with your Roku. We just wanted to let you know that our Roku remote has two different pairing methods. Could you please check out the steps below and give them a try to pair your Roku remote?

• If your voice remote has a pairing button, it will be located either on the back of the remote or under the battery cover. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash, to put your voice remote into pairing mode.
  • If your voice remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold the Back and Home buttons for 5 seconds or until you see the status light begin to flash.

For additional information and steps to pair your Roku voice remote to your Roku device, kindly visit our support article here: 

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
timrkline

Jump to solution

@HDMIGuy  I followed your suggestion to go into the settings using the Roku app on my phone and do a factory reset of the Roku stick.

this solved my problem !

This is the second time this has happened and the first time I bought a new Voice remote, thinking the remote had failed. Now I just need to find the first remote and retest it. Thanks for your help.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.