Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raphaelfaria
Reel Rookie

Roku stick 3810X won’t sync with any remote

I have this stick for about 3 years, I didn’t use for about 1 year. When I tried to use again the remote does not work. I tried buying a new one and same behavior.

the stick boots but I can’t control. I tried to factory reset and now it shows the setup screen with the step to sync the remote.

any ideas on how to make my stick work again?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku stick 3810X won’t sync with any remote

Are you using the USB cable that came with it with the "bump" in it?  The remote won't pair if that cable is missing or faulty.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Raphaelfaria
Reel Rookie

No, I’m not. I will try to find.

if I can’t find, what’s the alternative? Ia it easy/worth to buy a new roku cable?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

You can buy it from Roku for $20:

USB Power Cable with Long-range Wi-Fi® Receiver | Roku

Only place to get it. 

Edmund

0 Kudos

Having the same.issue

Roku stick 3810x sn: C23796460526

With RC-AL2 remote

I've tried factory resetting remote, unplugging, new batteries, tried many methods of trying to get it to pair..and nothing.

I've tried pairing it close etc

I do have the USB cable with the bump in it as.well as the HDMI extender cable..I've tried with and without this cable, I've always tried hooked up to the cable w/bump. I've tried multiple power plugs, including a Roku power box, as well as other brands.with different amps..

I'm out of ideas.

Do u have any new ideas? Or how can I.get.a.replacement, or exchange?

Thank you

0 Kudos
renojim

Those "long-range Wi-Fi receivers" do go bad, apparently.  If it's still under warranty, start at:

Step-by-step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support 

If not, you can purchase a new one.:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/usb-power-cable-with-long-range-wifi-receiver

0 Kudos
gpaspot13

If your Roku Stick 3810X is not syncing with any remote, try the following steps:

1. Ensure that the remote has fresh batteries and is functioning properly.
  2. Unplug the power cable from your Roku Stick and wait for about 10 seconds.
  3. Plug the power cable back into the Roku Stick and wait for it to fully boot up.
  4. Press and hold the pairing button located on the remote for at least 3 seconds.
  5. Wait for the remote and the Roku Stick to establish a connection. This may take a few moments.
  6. If the remote still doesn't sync, try performing a factory reset on the Roku Stick. Go to the Settings menu, select System, then Advanced System Settings, and finally Factory Reset.
  7. After the reset, set up your Roku Stick again and attempt to sync the remote.
0 Kudos