Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VaughnK13

Roku remote won’t control Insignia TV

I’ve tried numerous times but I can’t seem to get my Roku remote to control the power and volume of my Insignia TV. Every time I try, the music fails to stop playing and I get the message “Sorry, it seems this Insignia TV will not work with a Roku remote” which I find weird because the TV model is fairly new.

- Roku Model:  Roku Streaming Stick + (3810, 3811 series)

- Serial Number: YH003H883694

- Device ID: 213073883694

- Software OS/Version: 10.0.0 • build 4209-50

- Remote Model: RC490

- TV Brand: Insignia

- TV Model: NS-32D310NA21

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku remote won’t control Insignia TV

@VaughnK13 

When I initially set up my Ultra's Voice Remote on my Magnovox, I had to lie to Roku after it failed to program and control the TV.  I answered that the music had stopped playing.  It then brought up another screen that allowed me to proceed and works just fine ever since.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Tony135

You are correct. It worked by lying. 

0 Kudos
Boz
Roku Guru

Wow!  Now how can I believe what EITHER one of you say!?  🙂

John451

My ROKU remote wouldn't work with my Insignia tv in 2022 but it does now. So if you haven't tried it in a while, you might try testing the remote to your tv.

0 Kudos

I had the same problem with an Insignia TV. When it asks if you still hear music, just kept clicking Yes, even when it asks if you want to continue. Eventually the music will stop. I think it took me about 8 times. Hope this works for you.