Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
treasuredphotos
Channel Surfer

Remotes continualy loose paring

We have 2 4K streaming sticks and both are continuing to lose the pairing for the remotes.  I have replaced the batteries with new ones.  My basement stick has lost the pairing 2 times this week so I know the batteries can not be the problem.  I would wait for the bouncing ROUKU and hit the pairing and it would not do anything.  I did this several times and then found a button on the stick.  This did a complete reboot, so then I had to go find the password to the internet.  Then had to set everything up again.  This is really time-consuming.  Why are my remotes losing the pairing to the streaming sticks?  The remotes I have are voice remotes, There is a hole under the power button on both remotes.  

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remotes continualy loose paring

Are you using the TV's USB port to power the stick?  If so, try using a USB power adapter plugged into the wall.  If you're already doing that, see if there's a "power saving" option under Settings->System->Power and disable it if it's there.  After that, you can try the free HDMI extender to get the stick away from the TV in case the TV itself is causing interference.

https://my.roku.com/hdmi

One other thing to try is to set your router's Wi-Fi channel to a fixed channel if it's set to "Auto".

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
treasuredphotos
Channel Surfer

I am using the USB power adapter.

If you're already doing that, see if there's a "power saving" option under Settings->System->Power and disable it if it's there.  I do not have an option for Settings->System->Power.

One other thing to try is to set your router's Wi-Fi channel to a fixed channel if it's set to "Auto.  I will have to have someone look for me I have no idea how to do it

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @treasuredphotos,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with your Roku remote. We're happy to help you. Please follow these troubleshooting steps below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Remotes & devices.
  4. Select Remote.
  5. Choose your voice remote from the list and select Set up remote for TV control.
  6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.