Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku remote not working properly bar

I have a Sony OLED A80L tv and Sony A7000 sound bar. Until recently my Roku remote worked everything. Then it stopped turning off the Tv.  Now I have changed to CEC and the TV works but the sound bar does not turn off.  Any suggestions? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
TahirCurrie55
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote not working properly bar

Ensure both the TV and sound bar are properly set up for HDMI-CEC control in their respective settings menus, and if issues persist, try resetting the Roku remote or contacting Roku support for further assistance.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote not working properly bar

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Heidiandjames88.

Thank you for letting us know about the issues you've encountered with your Roku remote. I'd be happy to investigate and find the best resolution possible.

Could you please confirm if you've received any software updates? If so, kindly let us know your currently running software version. Also, did you make any changes to your Roku setup? 

Furthermore, let's try to reset your remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again and set up your remote for CEC to see if this will make any difference. 

I'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.