Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote not responding to up or down buttons

Jump to solution

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @Mother1!

Worry no more, as we are happy to find you the best resolution for your concern.

Just to clarify, are you having issues with your remote's up or down buttons? If so, may we know what type of remote you are having these issues with? This article might help you Identify your remote.

We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Corvette249
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote not responding at all

Jump to solution

I purchased netflix and the man connected me to my computer and tv.  This was just this week.  I have a microphone  Roku with batteries.  The Roku remote will not respond to anything and I am frozen on the Roku picture. When I pick my source on tv it immediately goes to Roku pink page that is moving.  

THEN ROKU FREEZES AND I CANNOT GET TO PICK EITHER NETFLIX OR PRIME.  

PLEASE HELP, WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A PERSON ON PHONE TO HELP?  

0 Kudos
Corvette249
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku is frozen on the pink, maybe called Home page and remote will not work at all.  I just made a purchase to buy netflix 3 days ok. the man set me up on netflix and it was fine, now i  put my other remote on source, pick HD3 and it immidiately goes to the pink moving roku screen and the remote is frozen . i have the microphone roku with batteries.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Corvette249,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to learn more about this issue you're running into. Could you tell us more about this? When did you start seeing this behavior? 

Also, have you tried any troubleshooting so that we can proceed to the next one?

Please let us know more about this so that we can further zoom in.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Corvette249
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

the man at Roku is sending me a new roku as this one is frozen and will not do anything. all batteries were new. i cannot get on netflix or prime. i can only watch live television.  

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update, @Corvette249!

We have reviewed your account, and this has been taken care of by our Support team. Please continue to coordinate with them.

Or get back here if you need anything else. 

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
utlinfielder
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I am having this same issue with a brand new remote (simple). The old one died suddenly, so I put in new batteries. Nope. Unplugged/plugged several times. Nope. Bought the same model of remote directly from Roku to avoid knock-offs. Nope. Same problem. The home screen with channel tiles appears, but there is no way to navigate with the new remote. Does not respond.

Do I have to buy a new stick too?

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @utlinfielder,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand that you have a problem with your Roku remote. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Thanks for sharing with us the troubleshooting steps you have provided to try to resolve the issue. We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we need more details. Kindly provide us with the following information:

1. Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  2. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  3. Does the button sometimes work, or does it never work?
  4. Did the button ever work (when the player was new)?

Please keep us posted with the details.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
utlinfielder
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-simple-remote
There are no numbers at all on outside of the new Roku remote. Inside the battery cover is "RC16F-T14."  Above is the link to the model I purchased. It is the "simple" version. I am (unfortunately) using iOS 17.2, but I do not see what that has to do with my LG TV, the one with which the new remote will not work.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @utlinfielder,

Thanks for the response!

We're sorry for the inconvenience that it has caused you. That is not what we aim for. Since you can't use the Roku remote to get your device's information, we highly suggest downloading the Roku mobile app. Make sure that your mobile device is connected to the same network as your Roku device.

Let us know how it goes this time.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.