Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
entropy
Channel Surfer

Roku remote not pairing after battery replacement, stick not showing up in app

Jump to solution

batteries went dead an hour ago on the remote.  Replaced, remote no longer recognized.  Restarted Roku stick, could not pair.  Took batteries out of remote, waited, put back in, held little button, green light blinks for 5 sec then gives up.  Have tried multiple batteries and combinations of unplugging stick and restarting device.  The kicker is that I cannot get the app to recognize the stick anymore (says  stick is not available on this network), so no controlling it from the app either.  I am stumped with what to do next.  

device serial is XO1700KMUD90

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote not pairing after battery replacement, stick not showing up in app

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @entropy!

Firstly, we sincerely apologize for the trouble and any inconvenience this may have caused your streaming with your Roku streaming stick. We'd be happy to provide steps to help you resolve this.

Since you've already tried all the basic troubleshooting steps to no avail, we could try one more step, and with your permission, we can perform a hard reset on your device. Please be informed that resetting your Roku streaming stick will set you back to default settings, and you may need to re-link your Roku account and sign in on your channel subscriptions. Also, before doing this step, ensure you know your network connection's name and password.

After doing so, try to pair your Roku remote again to see if this will make any difference. 

To help you learn more about this, you can refer to our support article dedicated to Factory resetting your Roku streaming device.

Keep us posted on how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote not pairing after battery replacement, stick not showing up in app

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @entropy!

Firstly, we sincerely apologize for the trouble and any inconvenience this may have caused your streaming with your Roku streaming stick. We'd be happy to provide steps to help you resolve this.

Since you've already tried all the basic troubleshooting steps to no avail, we could try one more step, and with your permission, we can perform a hard reset on your device. Please be informed that resetting your Roku streaming stick will set you back to default settings, and you may need to re-link your Roku account and sign in on your channel subscriptions. Also, before doing this step, ensure you know your network connection's name and password.

After doing so, try to pair your Roku remote again to see if this will make any difference. 

To help you learn more about this, you can refer to our support article dedicated to Factory resetting your Roku streaming device.

Keep us posted on how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
entropy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Well I am shocked to say that worked!  I did not think the button on the stick did anything different than when I would unplug it from the wall and plug back in.  I had to hold for a little over the full 10 sec, but remote successfully paired after.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted, @entropy.

We are pleased to receive your update! Thank you for performing the troubleshooting method we've provided and we're glad to know that it worked. 

For future reference, you may visit our Support website or feel free to create a new post here in the Roku Community and we'd be happy to assist you anytime. 

Happy Streaming!
Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos