Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaaaaaa

Roku remote making a high pitch noise and drains batteries every few days.

I am experiencing a similar issue. Remote is making a high pitch noise as well. I’ve removed and replaced new batteries and this does not help. I’ve attempted resolving with chat and they advised I call so the agent could hear it. Called in and agent hung up. Could really use some help. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote making a high pitch noise and drains batteries every few days.

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Aaaaaaa!

Firstly, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and no worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible. 

Before we proceed, may we know what specific Roku player this remote is connected to and is this the remote that comes with the device? Also, when did you first notice that high pitch noise? 

In the meantime, we suggest pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds to reset it. After doing so, re-pair it again to see if this will stop the noise and make any difference. 

Please let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. We'll be anticipating your response! 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos