Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbarba
Channel Surfer

RC701 not charging and will not hold a charge.

Jump to solution

I have a RC701, it will not hold a charge, I have used multiple cords, multiple chargers and it will not charge. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: RC701 not charging and will not hold a charge.

Jump to solution

This is acknowledged, @bbarba.

Thank you for letting us know. 

In this case, please note that TCL produces its own hardware devices. Therefore, it is recommended to directly contact their support team for further assistance. We highly suggest requesting a replacement for your remote from TCL as they provide their own remote that works well with their TV. Additionally, please note that we only provide support for the software operating system of TCL Roku TV.

You can reach TCL on their Official Support Website.

We hope you get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for raising your concern here in the Roku Community, @bbarba.

Firstly we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. It is also highly appreciated that you've brought this to our attention and we'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution possible. 

In this case, may we on what specific Roku player this was connected to and if this is the remote that comes with it? Also, when did you first notice it doesn't hold a charge? 

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to help you utilize your Roku remote again. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bbarba
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Carly,

I am using the remote with a TCL tv, model 65S405, hardware ID 7106X, serial number YN 005G403005, software version 12.5.5 build 4174-30, device ID 9U67A5403005. The remote is model RC701, firmware, version is rtn.4246. 

I first noticed it last week.  I charged it mid week over night and the next day it showed a low battery. I tried multiple different cords/chargers over the next couple days and no progress. 

thansk,

Brandon

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

This is acknowledged, @bbarba.

Thank you for letting us know. 

In this case, please note that TCL produces its own hardware devices. Therefore, it is recommended to directly contact their support team for further assistance. We highly suggest requesting a replacement for your remote from TCL as they provide their own remote that works well with their TV. Additionally, please note that we only provide support for the software operating system of TCL Roku TV.

You can reach TCL on their Official Support Website.

We hope you get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.