Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ADaniels

Re: Roku remote keeps losing tv power & volume controls

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue with my Roku Voice Remote Pro, using a Roku Ultra box with a Hisense TV.  My problem started yesterday.  I initially re-programmed the remote to work with the tv.  That worked a couple of times, but then this morning, it didn't work (apparently the process went through every code and said it couldn't be paired).  Once, I simply plugged the remote in to charge (even though it had 30% battery remaining), and it suddenly started working.  I've also had luck by restarting the Roku box, and this last time I simply switch the voice control button off.  It's obviously some kind of update or something with Roku.  Oh, I also had the same issue last night with the regular Roku remote that came with the Roku Ultra box that's in my bedroom. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ADaniels

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look into this issue for you, but will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • TV brand and model
  • when did you start seeing this issue occur
  • were you previously able to control your TV volume and power
  • what troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RosaMalaga
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

After unplugging everything and resetting a couple times everything seems to be working now even though the pairing screen says not compatible, the remote is now controlling the TV. 

0 Kudos
TheStones
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue here with a Panasonic TV. Try to re-pair and it says not compatible. Go back 2 mins later and it finds the TV on setting 1. Loses it after a few hours, try to re-pair and it's not compatible. Go back a few minutes later and the remote finds the TV on setting 4... Rinse and repeat.  This remote has worked fine with this TV for the past few months. This has just started in the past two weeks.

Model: 4802X -Roku Ultra

Serial: X01000ATEHVU

Software version: 11.5.0 build 4312-C2

0 Kudos
Apex-grind
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same problems here:

Device:     4802x - Roku Ultra

Serial:       X01000G0G5R0

Device ID: S0DA2250G5R0

SW:           11.5.0 - build 4312-C2

TV:            VISIO XVT473SV  ver: VISIO_C7.0.1.0-S

Tracker ID: R0-506-681

0 Kudos
Lk581

Jump to solution

Same issue - remote is now losing ability to control volume and power off.  Voice pro remote - purchased a month ago. Worked fine until yesterday - I can repair the remote to tv but it works for 30 seconds then stops working!  Was there a bad update pushed out?  This is very frustrating!

Samsung tv

0 Kudos
ek4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I thought I would add my remote volume/power switch problems to the list.  It's not uncommon for the volume to stop working mid-adjustment.  Requires a power down and restart to get working again.  Using "Setup Remote" often fails to find a working code but interestingly the remote power/volume begins to work after the attempt.

TV- Samsung UN32EH5000FXZA

Roku - 4802X

S/N X010004R62XJ

SW Ver 11.5.0 build 4312-C2

Issue ID - XJ-507-770

This has happened a few times recently.  Unsure if it occurred before 11.5.0 was installed.

0 Kudos
ow

Jump to solution

Hey Roku.  You have been aware of this problem for two months now.  When do you anticipate a solution or fix?

0 Kudos
ek4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

An update to my earlier post.....   Volume control on remote stopped working again, I used the camera on my cell phone to look at the IR pulse coming out the front of the remote, most phone cameras can see the IR pulses, and there was none.  I randomly started hitting buttons on the remote and it woke up and I could see it started pulsing again. 

Maybe the problem isn't with the software updates, but instead, it's a problem with the new remotes.  I will continue to experiment.

0 Kudos
diverite2000
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issues with my new rechargeable Roku remote and LG TV on my Roku Ultra. I have been losing volume and power control on my TV 3 or 4 times a day randomly even on a full charge. 

I have since found kind of a solution, but believe it or not, if you keep the rechargeable remote plugged in to a charger at all times, the remote will not lose the volume  and power controls on your LG TV.

Seems like a design flaw or lack of product testing since it seems to be a common problem from the similar complaints that are out there. 

0 Kudos