Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan39
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku remote: hard to press the buttons

Jump to solution

@RokuCarly Hello Carly, thank you for the response. This is the remote that came with my 4K Streaming Stick. The Serial No. is S08Y41CWA5Y8. I am not sure when I purchased the device, but probably within the last 9 months. The problem started appx. 2 to 3 months after the purchase. I was not aware of this "ROKU Discusion Board" until recently made aware by a family member, or I would have posted here earlier. I have 3 multiple older style Roku sticks and they all work great. I was going to upgrade all my TV's to the 4K stick, but am now scared to do so because the remote goes bad. I don't know whether to switch "streaming stick" brands or give it another chance. Any help would be appreciative. Thank you and have a great day.

0 Kudos
manfamm
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote: hard to press the buttons -- Remote Replacement

Jump to solution

Just a note to say many thanks.  I have never used a message board to request this kind of help and I must say you were incredibly responsive and responsible,.  I received my replacement remotes this weekend and they work great.  Its incredibly refreshing to have a company take responsibility for its products and treat its customers with great care.  Thanks, Michael

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for the additional infromation, @Dan39.

Rest assured that I will work closely with our Support team to provide additional reinforcement in this case. Following this, I will reach out to you privately to gather any further necessary information.

In the meantime, you may use the Roku mobile app as an alternative to your physical remote. This app is a free application for iOS® and Android devices that turns your mobile device into a control center for your Roku streaming player or Roku TV system. The Remote feature of the mobile app allows you to use your phone or tablet as a Roku remote.

Your continuous patience and cooperation as we work on this are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote: hard to press the buttons -- Remote Replacement

Jump to solution

Hi, @manfamm.

Thank you so much for your kind words. We always aim for your convenience and satisfaction which is why we do our best to help resolve the issues you've encountered with your Roku devices.

For future help you may visit our Support website for troubleshooting steps or reach out to us anytime you need assistance. We'd be more than happy to continue doing so. 

Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gaspar74
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just bought about two months ago Roku voice remote the basic voice one and really have to press button down hard. My older original voice remote with headphone jack works perfect for other device. This thing is horrible.

0 Kudos
whitbecs
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote: hard to press the buttons

Jump to solution

Hi, I have an Express 4K Plus, this is the remote that came with it and it seems it was always difficult to get the volume buttons to work.  We bought it in Oct 2023.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Gaspar74!

We appreciate you sharing your concern about the buttons on your physical Roku Voice Remote. We'd be happy to help you find the best resolution for this. 

Kindly provide us with additional information such as follows:

• When and where did you purchase this?
  • Was this purchased separately? If not, what specific Roku device does this come with?
  • Did you experience this even the first time you used your physical remote? 
  • What specific troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

With more information, we'll be able to assess your concerns better and provide you with an accurate resolution.

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @whitbecs!

Rest assured that we will help you control the volume of your TV using your physical Roku remote. 

Before proceeding, kindly provide us with additional information such as follows:

• Did this happen even the first time you just paired your remote to your device? 
  • Is this the only button you are having this issue with?

In the meantime, here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot your remote:

If you find that the power and volume buttons only work sometimes, your remote is likely using IR to send these commands to your TV. To confirm this, first, make sure you can adjust the volume when pointing your remote directly at your TV. Next, cup your hand over the front of your remote, then tell it away from your TV and try again. If this test cannot adjust the volume, your remote uses IR.

You can use the steps below to get your remote to switch to using CEC.

1. Check that CEC is enabled on your TV.
  2. Go to the Settings menu on your Roku player and redo the TV controls setup for your remote.
  • Note: Not all TV models support CEC, and some may only support power and not volume. Consult your TV manual for more information.

Here's the support article dedicated to this: Why is my Roku® voice remote not controlling power and volume on my TV?

We'll be looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
whitbecs
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuCarly 

• I think we've always had difficulty with the volume buttons.  With continual pushing and hitting just the right spot, it will adjust the volume on the TV but is most difficult to get it to the right level.  It has gotten worse over time it seems.
  • Is this the only button you are having this issue with?  Yes, all other buttons work fine.

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick response, @whitbecs.

In this case, rest assured that I will coordinate this with our Support team for additional reinforcement. I will contact you privately to gather the necessary information needed. 

Your continuous patience and understanding as we work on this are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.