Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Churlz
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote: hard to press the buttons

Jump to solution

If they DM you and tell you they're sending a replacement, don't be fooled. The CS guy responding to this thread has been ghosting me since he told me they were going to replace my faulty remote. That pretty much made up my mind about further supporting their products.

I've purchased all my Roku devices directly from Roku, so they have all of my device, warranty, contact and shipping info. There shouldn't be any problem at all on their end.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We're sorry for the inconvenience about this @Churlz,

I believe @RokuEuniceL sent you a PM about this and seems like we haven't gotten a response from you.

You can send me instead the requested information.

To send a private message:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click Compose New Message.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.

Note: Depending on your role in the community, you might be able to send a message to a group of users based on their role or rank in the community. If so, you can choose a role or a rank.

5. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
  6. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
  7. Click Send Message

I'll be looking forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Churlz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I sent a response, providing all the info he asked for, and followed up when there was no change, two weeks ago. I'll try again.

RokuEuniceL
2 weeks ago

Thank you for providing this information. We have requested a Roku voice remote replacement from the Roku Support team, and they will be the ones who keep in touch with you with the instructions. For reference, 9378464 is your ticket number. Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

Unhappy999

Jump to solution

Another bad remote here.  The up and down buttons are now unusable.  I've had the roku system since Feb of this year. It has gotten progressively worse since then.  All other buttons work fine.  Roku clearly has a major design problem with these remotes.  Is there a new version available that corrects this problem?  I really don't want Another remote if it is going to fail again in 3 months.

Churlz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just received the replacement, so I guess there was just a failure to communicate.

Unfortunately, they sent the same model as a replacement, so the > pad will probably be dead in a few months. Maybe 3rd times the charm. 

wobbie
Reel Rookie

hard to push buttons on remote

Jump to solution

i have a 4k streaming voice remote and the OK button is so hard to get the device to respond to.  you have to push it hard multiple times.  the chat people just disconnected with me for the second time tonight because i wouldn't go through the whole re pairing to the device routine.  how is that going to help?  clearly this is an issue.  i shouldn't have to go through chat games to get a replacement.  i'm searching for a smart tv tomorrow.  bad customer service is the poison.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: hard to push buttons on remote

Jump to solution

Hi @wobbie,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you informing us about this issue with your Roku Remote which is the "OK" button is hard to press. 

Here are a few questions to better understand what you're experiencing:

• What model is your Roku Voice Remote? Is it battery-operated or rechargeable?
  • Does the button sometimes work or does it never work?
  • Did the button ever work (when the player was new)?
  • Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device paired with your remote?

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs as we are committed to finding a solution for this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hawk77
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I got this ultra just a few months ago… I have not gotten the exchange remote either. But I doubt it that even a replacement will fix the issue. The Roku remotes are cheaply made. My daughter's apple remote is amazing with high quality. I have a total of 8 Roku Remotes and 5 went bad within 2-6 months time. The older ones were better and at least worked for a few years. This is my last Roku. My TCL Roku can't handle NetFlix. 

hawk77
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What kind of answer is this?  I have not gotten the new remote you promised me two weeks ago. The remote buttons have physical issues >> the remote is cheaply built. I will contact Amazon and paste all correspondence

Canes95

Jump to solution

Same issue here.  Kids can no longer turn off the tv powered button has to be pushed in for over 10 seconds and sometimes it works.  Only the power button and batteries were changed.  I’ve had Rokus for almost a decade and this is the first instance of a remote not lasting four months.  @roku Remote was for 65 inch TCL purchased at Walmart for Black Friday.